''One of the most incredible places on earth,'' according to Rolling Stone Magazine, and ranked the number one music venue in New York City three years in a row by Zagat, Brooklyn Bowl redefines the destination entertainment experience. The Las Vegas location will thrill its guests with its 2,000
plus person performance area, rockin' comfort food by world renowned Bromberg Bros. Blue Ribbon Restaurants, and 32 lanes of bowling which provide the best seat in the house to experience it all. The multi-dimensional 77,000 sq. foot venue will be one of the largest in America, and offer programing throughout the day and night. From all ages Family Bowl and watching
sports during the day, to nightly live performances and a nightclub that goes into the after hours. Wearing its homegrown values on its sleeve, Brooklyn Bowl is committed to locally made products, environment sustainability, and boasts an unprecedented combination of top-flight music, bowling,
beer, and food.
''Has a lot that no other local rock club can offer'' -New York Times
''Brooklyn Bowl has quickly become a must play venue'' - Billboard
''…one of the nation's best new music venues'' -Jam Base
''Rock and Roll Heaven'' -Village Voice
Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas is looking for an Operations Manager who is responsible for assisting the Director of Operations and Sr. Operations Manager in overseeing all aspects of food, beverage ,bowling, concerts and events. The incumbent will be responsible for achieving guest service standards, revenue and income objectives, market share objectives, assisting with enforcing policies and procedures, and monitoring budget(s) to ensure the profitable operation of Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas.
• Review activities in all areas: the restaurant, bars, bowling lanes, service areas, etc. in order to gauge and improve staffing levels, working conditions and other matters which influence quality guest service and profitability.
• Work with the Director of Operations and Sr. Operations Manager to establish standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
• Monitors and evaluates performance of all food, beverage and bowling areas, in order to facilitate ongoing improvement of operations and financial return.
• Review schedules to ensure appropriate coverage based on projected business volume prior to being posted
• Review ongoing opportunities such as cost of sales, inventory par levels, and general policies and procedures in order to most effectively implement changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources.
• Assist with pre-screening potential candidates, retain, motivate, evaluate and direct employees to ensure they receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
• Ensure that all areas adhere to strict health code guidelines to maintain ''A'' status.
• Follows, implements and ensures safety and sanitation protocols as set forth by Brooklyn Bowl.
• Knowledge of food and beverage production and preparation techniques.
• Familiarity with effective food and beverage service techniques and sales strategies.
• Familiarity with the latest in food service and beverage service equipment.
• Knowledge of and previous experience with financial planning and analysis.
• Knowledge of and experience with operational planning and analysis.
• High school education is required, Bachelors' degree in hotel and restaurant management or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of five years progressive managerial experience in the food and beverage industry required.
• Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to computer keyboard.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Communicate effectively at all times, with guests as well as all levels of employees.
• Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise; the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
• Observe and direct actions of employees.
• Hire, motivate and direct individuals with varying professional backgrounds.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
THE PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS LISTED BELOW ARE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION. THE ACTUAL EXERTION LEVEL (AND
FREQUENCY OF USE) CAN AND DOES FLUCTUATE DEPENDING ON THE INDIVIDUAL TASKS BEING PERFORMED.
• Ability to move throughout the venue during the entire shift.
• Must have the endurance and ability to walk between 3 - 5 miles per shift to ensure adequate observation of assigned area.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
• Must be able to verbally communicate.
• Visual abilities needed for detailed paperwork and observation.
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, climb and stand to perform normal job functions.
• Must be able to work in an environment with loud music and crowds for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to stand for entire shift.
Regulator and Compliance Responsibilities
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to loiter in areas restricted to 21 years old and are not served alcoholic beverages.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the standard operation of food and beverage operations in Las Vegas, NV.
• Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
• Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.
THE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES LISTED IN THIS DESCRIPTION DO NOT CONSITUTE THE TERMS OF ANY AGREEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT.
Base salary and incentives will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brooklyn Bowl strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk668-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.