Platform Architect - Developer Experience
Los Angeles, CA
Manager - TechOps Foundational Services
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Division: Foundational Services
Line Manager: Director, Managed Infrastructure Services
Contract Terms: Full Time / Regular
The Foundational Services team is responsible for revamping, standardizing, and globalizing several key services at Ticketmaster: load balancing, DNS, and IPAM. The team is centralizing these services and establishing new standards of operations in a consistent manner, which will lead to more effective consumption of these services, and more reliable delivery of value to the company. This includes uplift to services provided and also to governance and best practices when leveraging these services.
You will lead a team of engineers to deliver consistent, predictable and reliable services in the space of load balancing, DNS and IPAM. You will be tasked with rationalizing and standardizing on-premises load balancing solutions in North America and Internationally. You will own and operate internal and external DNS for Ticketmaster, including infrastructure, data, policy and governance. You will own and operate internal IPAM services, governance and lifecycle internationally. You will guide the team to deliver sound long term strategies for your services. You will work closely with other Infrastructure teams on a variety of cross functional efforts with inter-team dependencies. You will be a key partner to our technology operations organization and software engineering teams, and will offer several foundational services to the larger organization.
• Lead a team of engineers to deliver world class infrastructure services for Load Balancing, DNS, and IPAM
• Set and communicate goals and roadmap for the team and your services
• Establish, maintain, and report SLA/SLI/SLO as related to your service
• Provide consulting, support, and guidance to software engineering teams leveraging your services
• Partner with infrastructure, platform, and software architects to define architecture practices and design patterns which will ensure a healthy service and performance
• Ensure that the Foundational Services services complies to relevant security and compliance standards
• Deliver tools and automation to improve developer experience and operations
• 3-5 years leadership of a managed service or operations team at corporate scale
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Emotional intelligence to engage and motivate team and partners and also hold them accountable
• Technical understanding of container and orchestration technologies, best practices, and anti-patterns
• Ability to gather consumer/client requirements and feedback in order to define a service roadmap
• Experience managing services in both owned data center and public cloud environments
• A passion for delivering quality services to a measurable standard
• A strong preference for code and automation over manual delivery
• Experience delivering services to a compliance standard such as PCI, SSAE, HIPAA or SOX
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company. Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkzbw-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.