Manager, Strategy & Operations (Marketplace)
Awesome Job: Manager, Strategy & Operations
Great Location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full Time; Salary
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
The team owns and drives the revenue and profit performance for key marketplace verticals across professional and college sports, arts/theatre, and concerts. The team is responsible for identifying and executing commercial strategies and optimizing critical business levers for each vertical, with an emphasis on selling through our ticket inventory to drive hundreds of millions of dollars of incremental ticket sales.
The Manager, Strategy & Operatioins will be responsible for driving the revenue and profit performance for marketplace verticals such as NFL, NBA, NHL, Arts, Concerts, etc. The Manager will drive incremental revenue through the identification and execution of commercial strategies and the optimization of core business levers for each vertical. These initiatives will drive hundreds of millions of dollars of incremental ticket sales. As a business owner, the candidate will support the development and execution of long- and short-term strategies and work across all aspects of the business, including marketing, pricing, supply, distribution, operations, business development, finance, and product, etc. The ideal candidate will be an analytically-driven, customer centric, strategic individual with strong problem-solving skills, a high degree of business acumen, and the ability to work with a variety of individuals, both internally and externally, at all levels.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Responsible for conducting rigorous, fact-based analysis that result in actionable recommendations and impactful results
• Understand key financial and business levers within Marketplace, earning a reputation as a valued contributor with strong business acumen
• Develop a deep understanding of existing processes/products to identify gaps that need to be addressed or opportunities to optimize/improve scalability
• Be the subject matter expert within the entire organization for your respective categories, which includes understanding the fan, key moments of demand, and cultural nuances that bring richness and impact to plans
• Develop growth plans to achieve/surpass revenue and profit targets for each vertical
• Craft appropriate stories to influence cross-functional stakeholders to take action against insights developed
• Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships to execute against growth strategies, while taking initiative to identify appropriate next steps
• Build, track, and monitor category performance dashboards, updates and KPI's for senior leadership to share results, engage, and deliver impactful next steps for the business
• Support development, structuring, and modelling of options with varying levels of complexity
• Create innovative, analytically based approaches to measure and manage the business; share best practices to improve the organization's capabilities and drive a culture of continuous learning/unlearning.
• Must have strong quantitative inclination, with a data-driven approach to problem solving
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a consulting, strategy, or comparable analytics-heavy environment. Experience in e-commerce, technology, or entertainment/media is a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in economics, finance, business, mathematics, or engineering
• A P&L orientation –prior experience directly supporting the delivery of revenue and profit goals for a company or business unit
• Experience synthesizing large data sets for actionable insights
• Strong business and financial acumen. Ability to understand the economic drivers behind a variety of business models
• Demonstrated success in verbal and written communication with senior leadership to influence impactful change in the organization
• Experience with SQL, Access or other big data software and data visualization software such as Tableau or DOMO is a plus
• Desire to help create a fun and productive culture
• Business Driver: Identify problems, develop meaningful solutions, and independently drive work forward with the support of related business functions
• Analytical Prowess: Get excited working with large data sets and be able to deftly structure analytic approaches to problem solving.
• Creative Thinker: Think outside of the box, introduce novel solutions, think about ''what's next'' and challenging the status quo
• Persuasive Storyteller: Share plans and insights effectively to drive business strategy and change behaviour
• Influencer: Work within a matrixed system and understand what makes others tick to get buy-in on opportunities you identify
• Cross-functional team player: Communicate and collaborate across the entire team to help deliver key category initiatives
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your w
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkwv0-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.