Awesome Manager - Strategy
Great Location: West Hollywood, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Reporting to the EVP of Enterprise and Revenue, the Strategy Manager role has responsibilities that span strategy and operations but whose efforts all orient toward driving forward the Enterprise business.
The strategy work coalesces around budgeting, prioritization, and planning. The individual will build and maintain multi-year strategies across products and services (e.g., Enterprise, Enterprise Product, TM1, Yield Management, Marketing, Data Analytics, etc.). They will coordinate across Enterprise executives and business leaders to build the Enterprise budget plan which ties funding to priorities. They will translate these funded priorities into in-year deliverables and performance metrics.
The operations work entails executing on specific projects and ensuring Enterprise leaders are meeting their objectives. This includes tracking priorities for internal and external consumption from our organization and supporting leaders to build out their business/product. This role will also require ownership over parts of the business, including coordinating programs across the Enterprise organization.
The individual will in part function as a chief of staff: standing in for EVP when needed, 1:1s with EVP direct reports to review work and make sure priorities are being caried out, driving culture through team building, providing input to organization decisions, and ensuring clear governance of the team. Overall, they will ensure integration and alignment of enterprise strategies and priorities through relationships with key executives across product, services, segment leaders, client support
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Be a thought partner for the EVP, Enterprise, Revenue
• Manage multiple initiatives at once and prioritize based on business needs and urgency
• Execute consulting like projects as an individual – scope the project, carry out the analysis and make recommendations/decisions that are clearly communicated to executives
• Support cross functional initiatives to drive actions as a result of business insights (the expectation is that you can not only analyze data, but also effectively communicate the underlying story and help see your recommendations through to execution)
• Collaborate with internal / external partners to develop initiatives that drive growth
• Direct, mentor and manage other team members to help them advance their work product and grow professionally
• Bachelor's Degree in business or engineering or similar quantitative field
• 8+ years of work experience, preferably experience in top-tier strategy consulting or investment bank; ecommerce/entertainment industry experience also preferred
• Excellent communicator who is capable of motivating teams, collaborating with diverse groups across a large organization
• Ability to simplify difficult problems into solvable tasks that can be acted upon
• Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
• Assertive yet professional demeanor, persistence and willing to lead the way
• Self-motivated, energetic, and driven with the ability to learn new skills that will enable you to grow with the role
• Desire to help create a fun and productive culture, leveraging Ticketmaster's focus on sports and music, and mentor other team members
• Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success
• Skilled in Excel and comfortable with large data sets and modeling
• Strong PowerPoint skills, given the variety of audiences needed to influence
• Business Driver: drives the business forward, delivering incremental revenue and profit
• Project Owner: owns projects and need to coordinate across many parts of the organization to deliver, and presents outcomes to relevant Ticketmaster leaders
• Results Driver: ensures the organization is delivering results by tracking performance across the organization, identifying areas of importance/risk, and driving accountability with top leaders
• Alignment Driver: coordinates initiatives and projects across various leaders within the team across business, product, support and tech within Enterprise; and across lines of businesses
• Sprinter and Marathon Runner: builds long-term, sustainable approaches to limit rework
• Cross Functional Team Player: communicates across the entire team to lead greater individual successes.
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xw9y-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.