JOB DESCRIPTION – JOB TITLE
Location: Hollywood,CA / Scottsdale,AZ / Chantilly,VA
Division: TechOps / Public Cloud
Line Manager: Director, Cloud Services
Contract Terms: Full Time / Regular
This position will manage and be a part of the Public Cloud team. The team is responsible for Ticketmaster's core public cloud (AWS) infrastructure at a global scale. The mission of the team is to build and maintain reliable, scalable and secure public cloud services which can be easily consumed or used by technology teams via API's or self-service tools. Automation is in our DNA and we strive to make our services simple and easy to use.
Team Responsibilities and Focus:
• Standards and enforcement of access management
• Maintaining standard IaC tooling and its product release schedule
• Creating and maintaining standard IaC modules for reuse by development teams
• Designing scalable, automated and maintainable solutions for AWS account management and governance
• Design and architecture of future AWS enterprise architectures
• Working with internal groups, such as Information Security, Network Engineering, and Cost Optimization to establish best practices and implementation around AWS, IaC, security, networking and efficiency
• Focused on the five pillars of AWS Well-Architected Framework
• Implementation of controls to satisfy PCI requirements and participation in continuous monitoring and auditing activities
• Provide consultation and operational support work to Development teams
• Education and evangelization of public cloud related capabilities
• Active participation in agile practices and cross departmental program management
As the Public Cloud Manager, you will lead a team of skilled Cloud Engineers and Architects to directly influence the next generation of cloud consumption and governance. From your prior technical and leadership experience, you will help guide cloud engineers to implement various tooling, integrations, and automation following standards and best practices.
You will work closely with technical operations leadership, architecture, PMO, internal product teams, and AWS as part of this position.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Lead and develop a team of cloud engineers and architects
• Lead the daily operations of planning, engineering, and supporting the public cloud platform
• Lead development and enhancement of team's agile practices to include assessing the size and effort associated with work backlog, developing epics, and participating in grooming, and retro ceremonies
• Manage, motivate, and mentor a team of highly skilled engineers, and provide performance feedback / coaching
• Establish, communicate, and advocate for operational best practices
• Participate in regular planning cycles to align business priorities to programs of work within the organization
• Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
• Support PCI & security compliance requirements
• Participate in recruiting and the hiring of the right talent into the organization
• Serve as a 2nd level on-call resource as required
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 2+ years experience in a leadership role of a team providing managed services or large-scale operations teams, and responsible for coaching their career development and performance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• AWS technical experience with a passion for automation and IaC
• Experienced with Agile Program Management principles
• A solid practical knowledge of cloud native technologies and open source software
• Technical understanding of configuration management in code/IaC concepts including Terraform, Git, CI/CD
• Desirable: AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, Cloud Practitioner, etc)
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Highly collaborative leader with ability to communicate effectively in all formats
• Able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Technically knowledgeable in AWS
• Passionate about data driven operations
• Experience managing a globally remote team across multiple regions and time zones
• Comfortable working with structured Change and Incident Management
• Deeply concerned with the security and compliance implications of your services and solutions
• Able to materially improve performance and quality of team output
• Eager to gather critical feedback and use it to drive better vision, roadmap and service delivery
• Autonomous and proactive
• Passionate about technology and transformation
• Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
• Excited about taking on challenging problems and devising creative solutions
NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo9p0-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.