UNITY IN DIVERSITY
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country's preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
The Special Events Logistics Manager is responsible for the coordination and execution of all events contracted by the Sales Department. This position supports our Brooklyn Bowl - Philly.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Coordinate all aspects of operational set-up and break down of events (equipment needs, rental needs, and station set-up)
• Assists with Production department all aspects needed for an event
• Liaison between client and House of Blues Team Members throughout Event.
• Executes admission tickets and retail requests for Special Events
• Verbally communicate in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality of service and adherence to all applicable federal, state and local safety & health regulations and HOB standards.
• Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific HOB standard)
• Conduct Event Pre-Shift with Operations Managers and communicate event specifics at Team Member Pre-Shift
• Assures seamless transition for Client from Sales Department to Operations Manager during Event
• Handle all aspects of the Special Event once the special event order (SEO) has been distributed
• Maintain files in proper order after the special event order has been distributed.
• Client interaction; conducts site inspections and walk through with clients as requested by SM / DOS
• Assist Sales Manager(s) as requested with special needs by the client
• Conduct meetings such as the SEO Meeting and Production Meeting
• Due to the nature of the hospitality industry; you may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the venue.
• Verify Deposit / Payments tracking schedules with Sales Manager
• Proper execution and completion of all post event paperwork: Party Recap Sheet, Captain's Report and Receipts
• Responsible for proper settlement or payment on night of event with client and entering billing information into Micros system to generate a final guest check
• Manage staff hours to ensure we are not exceeding our budget
• Train all staff with regards to the proper techniques and etiquette for service
• Assist the staff and captains with the execution of events according to the event order and HOB standards
• Produce weekly banquet summary for all events – includes number of team members and their time to be scheduled and verify staffing was handled by Operations Managers.
• Oversee attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
• Maintain and order all Linen inventory & cleaning
• Order equipment, maintain inventory / par levels & report deficiencies to DOS
• Order all specialty items as sold by Sales Manager and upsell to client as opportunity arises
• Ensures equipment rentals for SE are ordered and returned to vendors
• Obtain permits as needed
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Knowledge of all appropriate table settings and etiquette
• Working knowledge of fine dining, strong food and wine knowledge and sequence of service (specific to Foundation Rooms).
• Basic Mathematical skills
• Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at a functions
In addition to the performance of essential job functions the Logistics Manager will be evaluated on the following leadership qualities:
• Working Relationship
• Judgment / Accountability
• Quality / Accuracy of Work
• Dependability / Reliability
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Development (self and subordinate)
• Reaching profit margins for enhancements sold
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
• High School Diploma
• Working knowledge of Restaurant & Music Hall Operations; event planning, food preparation & presentation, menu planning, food costing, computers (word processing, database spreadsheets)
• Entry level knowledge of legal and HR issues with regards to the hospitality industry (federal, state, and local law regarding liquor, labor and health code regulations) POS systems
• Exhibits positive attitudes; excellent written and verbal communication; high level of organizational and follow-through skills; communicates assertively; maintains personal integrity
• Ability to handle various projects at one time make good decisions; delegates; follow up; communicate with staff and guests in a positive manner
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• College diploma
• Minimum of two years management experience in sales / marketing / catering; public speaking experience a plus
Physical Work Requirements:
• Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling. Ability to walk and stand for long period of time
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gky6op-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.