- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Location: Athens, Greece, (flexible with international travel)
Division: e.g. Ticketmaster International
Line Manager: Director – International operations and reliability engineering
Contract Terms: Permanent
The Linux Administrator will be working as part of the Intl' Operations and Reliability team, focused on partnering with Software Engineering and Product Management teams to ensure alignment on achieving business goals as well as building, maintaining and improving critical parts of a business-critical product suite.
Ticketmaster is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media, and Artist Nation Management.
The Engineer will consult on and help to implement solutions as part of a Product Delivery team, enabling those teams to deliver software faster by creation of system automation, tooling and provide operational support for a range of products.
Because our business is online 24/7, you will be required to work out of hours and provide on-call duty on a rota basis.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Support the current Linux platform.
• Collaborate with product engineering to bring new components and features to production.
• Automate tasks, deployments, tests and creating infrastructure as code.
• Design and implement resilient, highly available systems.
• Plan, organize and communicate project status.
• Continuously improve systems, security and drive new standards meeting compliance requirements.
• Advanced Troubleshooting looking at every level of the technology stack.
• Infrastructure auditing (looking at current system gaps and maintain a backlog of improvements).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Good experience using public cloud (AWS).
• Good experience scripting (PowerShell, Bash, Python…).
• Good knowledge of configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Octopus…).
• Good knowledge of configuring Linux Systems
• Good experience with Network Storage (NetApp, Amazon, S3).
• Good virtualization experience (Hyper-V, XEN, VMware).
• Good experience provisioning with Terraform or CloudFormation.
• Good experience working with API's
• Fluent in Greek and English
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Has advanced troubleshooting techniques and resolves problems as they occur.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, frequently identifies enhancements.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Actively participates in overall solution and architectural design of the system.
• Pro-actively reviews various sources of performance, security and quality data to ensure accuracy and identify issues.
• Is open minded and actively seeks opportunities to try out new ideas and situations
• Imports good ideas from similar situations experienced within their team or other teams across Technology.
• Ensures all work is performed to high standards.
Please submit your CV in English
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.