Awesome Job: Lead Software Engineer
Great Location: West Hollywood, CA OR Scottsdale, AZ
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
At Ticketmaster, we are the team that is responsible for our customer's account systems and post-purchase experience, providing high volume, low latency authentication systems and feature-rich, highly reliable ticket, order, resale management systems for the fan facing experience. This role will be an integral member of the system that supports millions of fans and clients every day.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand skills and develop a career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams, and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer who is independent, fast-learning, self-starter and provides technical leadership and mentoring to engineers within the team. You are responsible for translating business objectives into technical solutions and there by building, delivering and maintaining the products.
Envision the technical aspects and solutions for the future landscape of globalizing the products. This role is a great opportunity to grow technical/leadership skills and deliver highly impactful products that help millions of fans to experience live events.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Participate and drive development work across globally distributed software teams.
• Stay current in the technology landscape. You will be expected to have a wide range of understanding of technologies, and to act as a mentor to others.
• Ensure applicability of global applications to global markets.
• Ability to organize, prioritize; multitask while coordinating team efforts, reporting to stakeholders and management on the progress of goals.
• Connect with a series of stakeholders in order to gather as much information as possible regarding the problem at hand and implement short-mid term strategies to evolve products for future success.(UX / Design / Product / PMO…etc.).
• • Objectively explore multiple approaches and recommend the best technical direction including logic and reasoning.
• Meaningful participation in web, native app and service layer architecture design.
• Spike and prototype.
• Write exemplary code.
• Own the full development and deployment cycle for your software.
• Encourage and grow other engineers in their craft.
• Foster and drive continuous improvement
• Review and maintain the target Architecture, taking learnings from project delivery and continuously refining the target as time goes on
• Debug and triage production application issues, often not your own.
• Maintain and Curate Documentation and Standards
• Consolidate, Catalogue, Review and Sanitize existing technical documents
• Ensure that solution designs created by development teams consider security risk, and have appropriate mitigations in place
• Keep abreast of potential security risks ensure they are captured so that these risks can be appropriately tracked and closed down
• Demonstrable senior engineering and development experience
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
• Ability to prioritize work not only for oneself but also assist in doing so for the team.
• Extensive experience with diagramming such as Sequence, data flow, ER, C4 Model
• Proven experience with delivering highly scalable; highly performant and fault-tolerant solutions.
• Experience with modern frameworks such as Springboot
• Strong back end development skills.
• Strong experience in troubleshooting, debugging, fixing issues, and finding possibilities to automate routine tasks.
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Experience in a cloud-native stack; cloud services (e.g. AWS), containerized compute (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform), and CI/CD (e.g. GitLab).
• Understanding and experience in streaming data technologies (e.g. Kafka).
• Experience in creating testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/Automation geared towards ensuring the quality of the product using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG, Mockito, WireMock, Jest.
• Experience with modern DevOps tools and workflows such as Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, Jira, or equivalents.
• Outstanding collaboration, time management, mentorship, skills and able to both work independently or as part of a team
• Familiarity with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl or Bash.
• Experience in evaluating technical feasibility of a project, work breakdown and providing estimates on effort and risk.
• Experience with Reactive/Asynchronous/Non-Blocking programming
• Test-Driven Development experience
• Autonomous and proactive
• Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• Consider multiple approaches and recommends the best technical direction including logic and reasoning
• Can work with minimal supervision
• Can solve complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
• Maintain and fosters relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
• Passionate about technology, software development and transformation
• Desire to continually improve your own skills, and ability to transfer that to the skills of others
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxvbv-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.