Awesome Job: Lead Software Engineer
Great Location: Hollywood, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
See what it's like working at Ticketmaster.
The E-Commerce ticketing integration team architects solutions, sells, and manages global and national corporate sponsorship programs with the world's most recognizable brands. This exciting fast-paced team collaborates with facets of both the Ticketmaster and Live Nation business and engineering ecosystems, including ticketing, payments, membership rewards, and brand promotions. Members of the team are passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed.
We are looking for an exceptional engineer & leader who has experience building highly scalable services, has the ability to lead projects, and collaborate with many teams onsite and offshore. You will have a significant influence on our overall strategy by helping to define and drive system architecture and spearhead the best practices that enable high availability services. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical and highly innovative, and are looking for leadership opportunities, we want to talk to you.
Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Work with development team to provide required assets and design alignment, creating complex strategies to improve the productivity of the associates and improve the quality of the specialized deliverables.
• Work with business owners and multiple stakeholders across teams to create technical project plans and launch highly specialized strategic projects.
• Forecast, backlog groom, sprint plan, roadmap plan, estimate, and manage delivery quality using complex delivery guidelines and tools.
• Present complex user research results to stakeholders for understanding gaps and performance issues in the technical web application, business monitoring, metrics monitoring, PCI compliance audits, security compliance audits, and code quality audit participation.
• Monitor the status of identified risks, take corrective actions , and update risk response plans . Track impediment resolution and escalation to closure while maintaining project backlog s and report ing using complex data tools.
• Work with architecture review board to ensure project artifacts are built in compliance with organization approved standards.
• Allocate and maintain resources , along with resourcing managers , to bring new resources into projects based on the requirements as well as i dentify developmental opportunities for team members .
• 5+ years professional hands on software development experience with Java
• Experience managing a software development team
• 2+ years of high-volume applications/systems experience
• 2+ years of professional experience with Spring / REST
• Experience with AWS or other cloud services
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field , Master's degree preferred
• Ability to bridge the gap between disparate systems and technologies
• Strong experience working in a team and as an individual
• Experience leading/mentoring other software engineers; leading design reviews and architecture discussions.
• Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral), with experience producing technical and design documentation of complex processes.
• Ability to troubleshoot, performance tune and understand java memory utilization in code produced.
• Highly, skilled, curious motivated engineer, who wants to be involved in architecting, scaling, securing and driving multiple projects based on client expectations .
• The candidate should want to be involved in leading application and infrastructure development involving design, planning, estimation, documentation, communication, collaboration, mentorship, launch and support.
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1zn9-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.