JOB DESCRIPTION – Lead Architect
Location: US Flexible
Division: Enterprise Engineering
Line Manager: Senior Engineering Manager
Contract Terms: Full-time/Regular
A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else!), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you will find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams, and events they love.
We are also engineers at heart and are passionate about using cutting-edge technology alongside proven, venerable workhorses to unlock capabilities for other teams and, ultimately, unforgettable moments of joy for fans!
If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want you on our team.
Ticketmaster is looking for an experienced, motivated, and self-driven candidate to join the CORE engineering team. As an architect, you will work to shape the future tech strategy and encourage new and transformative thinking across a large organization. You will have the opportunity to dive deep into hands-on solutions for large scale e-commerce problems, shaping the product transformation to a highly scalable distributed platform.
Now is an exciting time to join the team and make a real difference as well as showcase your design, architecture, and technical implementation skills as we work to modernize and globalize our tech ecosystem. If you are the sort of person that enjoys a fast-paced work environment, can quickly pick-up cutting-edge technologies and product concepts, and has the desire to experiment with, evaluate and evangelize new technological paths forward, this is the role for you.
• Be a hands-on embedded architect, working with a distributed team of talented engineers to help build our next generation systems.
• Be at the forefront of solution design, evaluate and evangelize technical solutions to engineering teams.
• Lead and facilitate the high-level product feature intake and solution design according to business priorities.
• Inform and enforce architecture best practices to ensure cost effective development and identifying opportunities for reuse and consolidation.
• Participate in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations, and technology innovation.
• Consult on the development of new systems and enhancements to existing systems, breaking down complex problems into essential components and designing efficient solutions.
• Produce plans and recommendations with multiple contingencies to avoid stalling progress.
• Work with product and business teams to gather and understand requirements, discuss approaches, design solutions based on the requirements and create design documents for implementation keeping in mind costs, capacity, shelf-life, and choosing the right tools and technologies.
• Evaluate new tools and technologies for feasibility, cost, and subsequent use in the company and teams.
• Manage relationships between teams to solve larger problems and deliver greater business value.
• Promote a culture of engineering excellence, quality over speed, and doing the right thing.
• Successfully communicate all concepts, designs, plans, and guidelines to the appropriate teams, leadership, and stakeholders.
• Participate in supporting the engineering solutions maintained by the team.
• 5+ years of progressive engineering experience, building and scaling cloud-based SaaS products with a deep desire to stay hands-on.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
• Exceptional programming skills in at least one modern object-oriented language
• Experience with complex architectural patterns, building APIs, microservices, event streams, and high throughput systems.
• 2+ years of experience in working with cloud-based platforms (preferably AWS).
• Appreciate and embrace transparency and see value in providing and receiving feedback.
Good to have
• Guiding and mentoring skills - guiding and mentoring junior members - helping them understand technologies, the project, best practices, and in general setting them up for success.
• Business experience or education – understanding of basic business concepts, strategy, and decision-making.
• Experience in designing micro service architecture and migrating from monolithic software architecture to micro service architecture.
• Experience in modernization of legacy systems.
• Experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD).
• Experience with Event-Driven Architecture.
• Comfortable contributing in a remote environment and with globally distributed teams.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company. Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8mv7m-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.