Analyst, Inventory Strategy
Who we are.
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it's like working at Ticketmaster.
At Ticketmaster Resale, we secure tens of millions of tickets from season ticket holders, fans, and professional resellers. The senior analyst is responsible for supporting the revenue management organization's ticket supply and pricing strategies for the most exciting events in the world – NFL, NBA, NHL, Concerts, Theater, and more.
You will lead or assist in all steps of the analysis, from gathering data and insights, to crunching numbers, to drawing conclusions and presenting results. A successful candidate will possess exceptional quantitative skills, an orientation towards goals, and comfort communicating with both internal and external stakeholders.
What we are looking for - a passionate, ambitious professional who is a:
• Business Driver: You will join a team that is responsible for delivering incremental revenue and profit. This role isn't a support function, it is a growth engine.
• Analytics Expert: The secondary market for tickets is dynamic and complex, spanning millions of tickets across thousands of events. You will help us create value for Ticketmaster and also for content owners, resellers, and fans.
• Live Event Fan: Your work will impact the ticketing market for the biggest games and the hottest shows. Understanding trends in the world of sports and entertainment, as well as staying on top of the latest news and results, are essential to succeeding in this role.
• Sprinter and Marathon Runner: We are lean and move fast; months of contemplation aren't a luxury we can afford. But we aim to build long-term, sustainable approaches to limit rework and to give our partners confidence that we can stick to strategies and roadmaps.
• Cross-functional team player: We value transparency and helping one another. Communication across the entire team will lead to greater individual success. You will work across multiple internal teams on a daily basis to propel our business forward.
• Assist in all aspects of the revenue management program including analytics, reporting, new opportunity identification, and strategic development
• Structure new datasets and visualizations to help identify pricing and inventory trends and monitor the health of the Ticketmaster marketplace
• Synthesize data from multiple sources to conduct in-depth pricing and ticket supply analyses
• Collaborate with teams across the organization to align on inventory strategy and ensure Ticketmaster has sufficient supply across thousands of events
• Drive growth by identifying pricing and inventory opportunities for high-demand events
• Gather actionable insights from competitive pricing and inventory trends
• Strengthen our analytics capabilities, providing in-depth support to executive leaders and the client organization, which works closely with teams, leagues, promoters, and venues
• Have a passion for the sports and live entertainment industries and demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of industry dynamics
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a quantitative field
• 1+ years of work experience
• Highly skilled in Excel and experience manipulating, analyzing, and presenting data driven insights
• Comfort with large data sets
• Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau or DOMO
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills
• Desire to help create a fun and productive culture, leveraging Ticketmaster's focus on sports and music
• Even though the job is primarily remote, the candidate will be expected to work out of Ticketmaster's Chicago office at least once a month
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company. Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w8e9-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.