Company: Live Nation / Academy Music Group
Department: Health and Safety
Location: Field based, UK
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Working Hours: Full time, permanent
The purpose of the role is to manage the requirements of the business in terms of Health and Safety of all staff, patrons and users of the facilities provided by Live Nation Entertainment.
You will be one of a small team within the Property and Health and Safety department, working across the whole of the Live Nation estate and responsible for the full range of health and safety associated with a large and diverse property portfolio. As a key member of the property team, you will provide support and advice across the business on health and safety matters.
The Live Nation estate is largely made up of medium to large music venues which are based across the UK and Ireland.
The role will require extensive travel across the UK and will involve nights away from home. A full UK driving licence and your own car would be advantageous for this role.
This is a rare opportunity to work within a small team of property and health and safety professionals, for a market leading company, supporting an operational team dedicated to providing a world class customer experience.
Who you are
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• Chartered IOSH
• Excellent communication skills and Interpersonal skills
• Detailed understanding of the legislative frameworks and implementation of CDM
• Strong understanding of risk management and analytics. Awareness of insurance processes and policies
• Excellent negotiation skills: capable of persuading and convincing others if necessary, to achieve desired outputs where required
• Leadership experience; track record of leading, motivating and managing people. Solid experience in a similar Health, Safety and Environmental management role
• Experience within the entertainment and or service industry
• A full drivers license and access to a vehicle
• Fire Safety Level 4 qualification
• Chartered member or Member of CIEH
• Knowledge of food hygiene legislation
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
• An enthusiasm for health and safety practices
• Self-motivated to stay on top of latest developments and industry best-practice
• Proactive, professional and personable
What the role includes
• Fulfilling the function of the competent person under the Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
• Be and or identify the duty holders for Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015; Asbestos Management; Legionella Management; RIDDOR; COSHH; Fire safety.
• Managing the health and safety team
• Developing company strategy for managing Fire and health and safety
• Developing H&S policy, procedures and approach to risk assessments across all business activity
• Developing and maintaining Primary authority relationships
• Preparing and maintaining appropriate H&S budgets
• Communicating H&S legislation across the Group
• Sourcing training packages designed to meet the company's requirements in terms of staff training
• Managing the administration of the company risk management system
• Appointing and managing consultants, and the safety team
• Developing and managing the Fire and H&S audit programme across all divisions
• Providing advice, support documentation, manuals etc, to the board, and senior and unit management, to enable them to meet current legislation requirements and to ensure that company procedures are being maintained
• Advise on all current codes of practice appertaining to the company's business activities
• Horizon scanning and lobbying on behalf of the organisation in terms of new legislation that will impact the business
Key stakeholders: The Academy Music Group / Live Nation board, COO, UK Venues; Venue Divisional Managers; Venue Managers; Property Department staff
Academy Music Group is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday 27th November 2023. We reserve the right to close applications at any time so encourage early application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0q51j-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.