jOB DESCRIPTION – Senior Software Engineer
Location: Scottsdale, AZ or Hollywood, CA
Division: Enterprise Engineering - Premium Pricing Tool Team
Line Manager: Derek Cline
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
The Premium Pricing Tool team drives a yield management initiative on events with the goal of maximizing revenue from ticket sales for our promoter and venue clients and by extension for Ticketmaster. This is a dynamic team working on various aspects including UI, APIs, ETL, cloud infrastructure, and machine learning.
Ticketmaster is looking for an experienced, motivated and self-driven candidate who is able to contribute towards various aspects of taking the Premium Pricing Tool offering to the next level. This involves design, development, and production support of the systems as well as working with product teams and architecture teams in shaping the future of the application.
Now is an exciting time to join the team and make a real difference as well as showcase your design and architecture skills as we shape the next generation of pricing in ticketing with intelligent pricing algorithms, machine-learning initiatives, integration with various components of the TM ecosystem, and overall, building a world-class system. If you are the sort of person that enjoys a fast-paced work environment, is able to quickly pick-up cutting-edge technologies and product concepts, and has the desire to experiment with and evaluate new technological paths forward, this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Design and develop new systems and implement enhancements to existing systems, breaking down complex problems into essential components and building efficient solutions.
• Work with product teams to gather and understand requirements, discuss approaches, design solutions based on the requirements and create design documents for implementation keeping in mind costs, capacity, shelf-life and choosing the right tools and technologies.
• Design and develop high-traffic, large scale software applications as a full-stack engineer - systems ranging from front-end UI, web and API services, data models and data flow processes, infrastructure for deploying and long-term maintenance of the systems.
• Design and develop peripheral systems and processes - monitoring and alerting services, ETL processes, automated offline workflows, automated build and deployment pipelines, systems for gathering application performance metrics, ensuring efficiency in cost.
• Ensure best practices in system development ranging from test coverage, use of enterprise standards, adherence to target architecture, high-availability and scalability, low latency, and fault-tolerance, thus ensuring delivery of high-quality systems.
• Create detailed documentation on systems as well as processes ranging from checklists for onboarding new hires, comprehensive overview of systems, runbooks for developing, monitoring and troubleshooting system issues and recommendations on future improvements.
• Take part in architecture discussions and meetings to ensure systems are aligned in the bigger scheme of things. Also evaluating new tools and technologies for feasibility, cost and subsequent use in the company and teams.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
Need to know / be able to do
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• 5+ years of experience in building high-traffic web applications and deploying to production with a focus on quality and long-term maintainability.
• 3+ Experience building REST APIs, working with Microservices architecture and the SOA model.
• 2+ years of experience in working with cloud-based platforms (preferably AWS).
• Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages - Java, NodeJS, Golang and willingness to learn the others.
• Experience with Spring, SpringBoot, or similar Java frameworks.
• Experience with building Single Page Applications using React or Angular.
• Experience supporting live applications - good debugging skills, reading logs, reading application dashboards like Grafana / AWS monitors (e.g., Cloudwatch) - identifying issues and solving them efficiently.
• Experience writing SQL queries, working with SQL (e.g., MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g., DynamoDB).
• Experience working with Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Helm.
• Experience working with code and build tools like Git, CI/CD, Jenkins, and Sonar.
• Experience working in an Agile team - attending stand-ups, delivering work in a time-boxed setting, etc...
• Ability to work under some pressure e.g., handling production issues, on-call support for live systems, etc...
• An overall calm personality - ability to see the big picture and how the current team / task / project fits into it.
Nice to know / good to have
• Working with UI / front-end technologies - preferably Angular, GraphQL, Websockets.
• Working with Monorepo, Bazel build tool, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and ETL.
• Leadership skills - running Agile sessions, estimating work, assigning tasks to team members, helping them deliver successfully, managing timely delivery of projects and sprints.
• Guiding and mentoring skills - guiding and mentoring junior members - helping them understand technologies, the project, best practices and in general setting them up for success.
• Architecture skills - evaluating new systems, setting up demos with architecture teams, suggesting improvements for a more efficient system, cost-evaluation of solutions, etc...
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Strong verbal communication, ability to clearly communicate ideas, work status, advocate for (or against) a particular approach or design.
• Documentation skills - ability to make the path easier for new team members / new hires / interns by organizing knowledge in Confluence, wiki, or similar.
• Ability to manage self and own time, deliver work on time, evaluate and estimate work
• Ability to work with various teams, including tech and product, incorporate their inputs into the work being done, and manage expectations on issues & enhancements.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8y4p-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.