WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at festival operations? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the operations space. Is this you? Read on…
This role will begin primarily with responsibility of overseeing operational elements of Insomniac festivals both domestically and internationally. It will incorporate several phases and training to quickly reach a festival director position. This position reports to the Festival Producer.
• Collect quotes, estimates, and invoices and oversee the front of house (FOH) budget for festivals and work in partnership with the production finance team to maintain up to date information for Festival Producer and executive team review
• Manage and oversee all departments that fall under Front of House
• Design festival credential plan with Back of House Manager
• Oversee the creation, order and distribution of all festival operational assets
• Work alongside marketing project managers and headliner experience team to create and determine timelines for all festival operational assets
• Work closely with production finance team to quote out and order all operational assets
• Oversee and help facilitate the four check-in locations by making sure the hours of operation are efficient for all staff, that the proper credentials are ordered, and that the Check-In Manager has properly staffed each check –in location
• Liaise with Ticketing Manager and Front Gate Tickets to collect all barcodes and RFID UIDs for all necessary operational assets
• Work with Site Production ensure all departments have enough workspace on-site while also effectively designing all production and site bone yard compounds
• Oversee all load-in operations, which entails making sure all the load-in materials are in place to carry out the proper procedures
• Work closely with traffic management team (and other exterior operation groups) to find solutions for all festival parking and traffic plans
• Ensure that the parking plan is executed and maps and instructions are properly communicated to all working staff
• Coordinate guest shuttle operations with various shuttle companies to ensure a smooth integration into the festival traffic and parking plans
• Communicate updated (or new) traffic plans to marketing heads in order for them to effectively communicate this information to headliners
• Communicate with IT lead to make sure all RFID portals and deployment are in tandem with the credential plan
• Partake in site walk-throughs to become familiar with the developing site plan while keeping a strong focus on the proposed operations plan
• Brainstorm new festival experiences and operation ideas
• Stand in for Festival Producer when necessary for meetings, walk-throughs, etc.
• Submit invoices to accounting for all operational assets and track on settlement files
• Frequent travel will be required (economy)
• 8+ years of experience in event and festival planning
• 10 years of people and team management experience
• Proficient in budgeting, reconciling and analyzing event operations excel spreadsheets
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx39po-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.