Manager of Finance – Accounting / Worldwide Merchandise
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Manager of Finance is responsible for the day-to-day management and continuous operation of the financial accounting organization for the Merchandise Division. This position is responsible for ensuring an appropriate control environment, adherence to established policies and procedures while driving operational efficiency across all responsible areas, managing departmental participation in Corporate initiatives impacting departments and providing ongoing leadership and functional oversight. This position reports to the Director of Financial Operations and interfaces directly with senior management of the Division.
What this role will do:
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the company and its financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
• Support and achieve accounting financial objectives by assisting Director of Finance & Operations in analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
• Achieve accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
• Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Respond to inquiries from the Vice President of Finance, Director of Finance & Operations, and other finance managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
• Work with the Corporate Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
• Manage the general ledger to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Establish financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information, and managing accounting staff.
• Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
• Help guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
• Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls.
• Help guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Prepare documentation and analysis to respond to internal and external auditor requests
• Help the Division achieve budget objectives by analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Fulfill accounting and financial requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results and performance
• Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What This Person Will Bring:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Major ERP system experience required, EPM, SAP, TMS and Oracle Financials preferred.
• Five to Ten years of experience in a large, high volume accounting environment required. High volume transactional processing experience required.
• Five plus years of prior management experience with strong leadership abilities in managing and developing teams, with the ability to create clear goals, foster accountability, and ownership, while encouraging delegation at appropriate levels.
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor and positive attitude in a fast paced, continually changing business environment.
• Strong problem resolution skills creative, critical thinking and experience in dealing directly with internal customers to manage and meet expectations for delivery of services.
• Ability to transform strategic goals into project plans and meet defined deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of internal control requirements for transactional processing required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – both written and oral.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv10p7-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.