Location: Chicago, Illinois
Venue: Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
US Concerts is seeking an Access Control team member. This person will guard, patrol, and/or monitor the venue premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. May operate metal detector equipment.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Circulate among guests and/or employees to preserve safety, and order and to protect the venue property.
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, guests, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain the access control and safety of the premises.
• May write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure access control of doors, windows, and gates.
• Escort or drive motor vehicles to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
• Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent the passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
• Show CARE by participating in the venue's sustainability program which could include implementing programs that conserve resources/prevent waste such as sorting waste and collecting recycling and educating our fans about our efforts.
• Partner with fellow band members at the end of the show to close the venue-this may include collecting recyclables from the lawn and/or reserved section, picking up and properly storing event equipment such as lawn chairs, barricades, Etc.
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• High school diploma or equivalent experience required
• Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment, and enforcement procedures.
• Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance; ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Acute sense of judgment, tact, and diplomacy
• A strong sense of teamwork and the ability to execute programs
• Position requires constant walking, climbing stairs, lifting and carrying 50 lbs+, and occasional sitting
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3n0z5-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.