Awesome Job: Software Engineer, Quality
Great Location: Rolling Meadows, IL OR Remote IL
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
The Ticketmaster Resale team is a cornerstone division of the Ticketmaster engineering ecosystem. This division is responsible for moving inventory between fan sellers and a wide variety of retail channels, 3rd party sellers, reporting and analytics.
As a Software Engineer Quality II, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and executing manual and automation test suites, learning and analyzing existing systems. You will be collaborating with other team members to analyze integration test points and update test suites thereby ensuring integration and end-to-end test coverage to the highest degree. Quality Engineers are required to be flexible team players who can join existing projects with effective collaboration and drive features to completion with a high degree of quality. Quality Engineers are key players in creating, executing, maintaining functional and automation test suites to ensure high-quality standards. As a Quality Engineer II you will be called upon to deliver functional analysis on requested business features, perform test estimates and create and execute test plans.
At Ticketmaster, we value teamwork and collaboration. We have a diverse workforce spread out around the globe and use frequent collaboration sessions to work together on projects. We are looking for open, honest and caring professional people who welcome sharing ideas and helping others to succeed in their mission. We have a positive and supportive work environment where people are our greatest asset and we are looking for similarly minded and talented individuals to join our family.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Create, estimate, execute, document and maintain functional test scenarios and test plans
• Create, execute and maintain automation tests and regression test suites
• Analyze requirement and design specifications for test case development
• Set up and maintain test data for functional and regression tests
• Ensure continuous integration testing through updating regression test suites
• Participate in test case reviews for functional and automation tests
• Assist developers by providing test scenarios during analysis and development phase
• Collaborate with development teams to triage and resolve defects found during various testing phases
• Collaborate with QA across other teams during integration and end to end testing phases
• Ensure highest testing standards are maintained throughout the testing phase
• Work with team members from beginning of product lifecycle through application release
• Participate in daily stand-ups, collaborative sessions, and team meetings to work as a team to create brilliant solutions
• Learn all about the business of ticketing and find new opportunities for resale tech to reach even more fans
• Be ready to adapt in a highly competitive business; priorities shift quickly and solutions must be delivered that can adjust to meet and exceed customer expectations
• 4-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or equivalent work experience
• 2-3 years of experience with Manual functional and Automation testing
• Strong knowledge and understanding of all processes in QA lifecycle
• Expert experience in creating test cases and test plans for application requirements
• Experience with testing APIs (REST,SOAP,GraphQL) and UI desktop applications is required
• Experience writing automated test scenarios using Cucumber BDD is required
• Experience with using automation tools Selenium webdriver, Junit is required.
• Execute, maintain and debug Cucumber-Java-Selenium automated tests
• Execute, maintain and debug automated tests using API tools like SOAPUI / ReadyAPI
• Experience using MS SQL with an ability to write SQL queries and execute stored procedures.
• Experience with Cross-browser and Cross-operating system testing
• Observability knowledge: Logs, Tracing, Metrics and experience in LightStep
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in an Agile or Scrum style team structure
• Experience using IDE and CI tools like Eclipse and Jenkins for automated tests
• Knowledge of git-based source control management systems like GitLab
• Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and deployments via Docker images running on AWS ECS or Kubernetes is a plus
• Friendly, passionate and customer focused
• Strive to help each other succeed
• Build collaborative solutions that bring people together by working together ourselves
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn2ze-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.