Awesome Job: Software Engineer – Backend Technologies
Great Location: West Hollywood, CA OR Scottsdale, AZ
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
At Ticketmaster, we are the team that is responsible for our customer's account systems and post-purchase experience, providing high volume, low latency authentication systems and feature-rich, highly reliable ticket, order, resale management systems for the fan facing experience. Being part of this team, you will be an integral member of the system that supports millions of fans and clients every day.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams, and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is independent, fast-learning, self-starter. You will participate in translating business objectives into technical solutions and there by building, delivering and maintaining the products.
You'll be challenged to envision the technical aspects and solutions for the future landscape of globalizing the products. This role is a great opportunity to grow your technical skills and deliver highly impactful products that help millions of fans to experience live events.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Participate in development work across globally distributed software teams.
• Connect with a series of stakeholders to gather as much information as possible regarding the problem at hand (UX / Design / Product / PMO…etc.).
• Participate in building services and applications that powers the Ticketmaster site across all markets.
• Write well-designed, efficient code with unit tests, logging and comments; Refactor code where needed.
• Resolve problems as they occur and have advanced troubleshooting techniques.
• Automate testing, deployments, performance, and recovery.
• Focus on building software, keeping in mind the main principles of performance, flexibility, and platform scalability.
• Maintain and adopt code standards, patterns and best practices through pairing and code reviews.
• Seek opportunities to try out new ideas and solutions.
• Implements activities that generally impact important components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects.
• Monitor logs and identify issues.
• Passionate about designing, implementing and maintaining products
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering
• Minimum 3+ years of Java development experience.
• Minimum 2+ years of Spring Boot / Spring Framework experience
• Minimum 2+ years of experience working with web application
• Experience with recently popular JS frameworks (Ember, Angular, React) is a major plus
• Experience with high-volume transactional systems and public facing APIs
• Experience with an open source development environment using tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Git, GIT CI
• Solid understanding and experience with service oriented and micro-service architectures
• Experience with open-source libraries/frameworks, e.g. Hystrix, Ribbon, Vert.x, Eureka, etc.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming, data structures and algorithms
• Ability to troubleshoot, performance tune and understand java memory utilization in code produced
• Desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Experience working in a dev-ops environment
• Experience in scripting languages i.e. PHP, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python
• Experience in Agile & Lean Development Experience
• Experience in automated testing and behavior testing frameworks such as Cucumber, Nightwatch
• Public Cloud experience preferably in AWS
• You maintain or contribute to open-source software projects
• Autonomous and proactive
• Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• Can consider multiple approaches and recommends the best technical direction including logic and reasoning
• Can work with minimal supervision
• Can solve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
• Maintain and fosters relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
• Passionate about technology, software development and transformation
• Desire to continually improve your own skills, and ability to transfer that to the skills of others
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n6v0-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.