Engineer - Quality
JoB DESCRIPTION- Backend E NGINEER II
Location: North America (Remote)
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full-Time
THE TEAM: ISMDS
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Our Teams are a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
We are looking for a backend engineer with huge growth potential to help build and augment the backend services that power Ticketmaster's marquee shopping experience. Our servers and lambdas are primarily written in Java, and employe a range of design patterns including event-driven programming, and traditional RPC/REST. We deploy to both on-prem datacenter and AWS, through containerization and Kubernetes.
Today we sell tickets not only on Ticketmaster.com but on partner e-commerce sites and the biggest social networks.
As we continue to grow we need outstanding engineers. That's where you come in.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Write well-designed, efficient code with unit tests, logging and comments
• Automate testing, deployments, performance and recovery
• Assist with maintenance and modernization of legacy code and services
• Collaborate with tech and product representatives within the purchase vertical
• Build features for highly-available, high-traffic APIs
• Instrument backend components using OpenTracing
• Monitor application performance and system logs to asses application health
• Participate in standups and other Agile ceremonies
• Pair program, assist with code reviews, and contribute to system design
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Demonstrable experience (at least 3 years working in technology)
• Expertise in Java, and professional experience working with JVM technologies
• A bachelor's degree in CS/Information Systems or related field
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Backend development skills
• Experience with Design Patterns and SOLID principles
• Experience in DevOps
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo, DynamoDB)
• Understanding of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, Micro Services, Messaging.
• Hands-on experience with the Spring Framework and Spring Boot
• The ability to build, test, and deploy code on cloud infrastructure
• Work-life balance – our industry is fast-paced and we develop software at a steady rate
• Experience with messaging platforms like Apache Kafka is a bonus
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• You embrace creativity and take risks as we encourage innovation
• You promote cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve goals and deliverables
• You are a team player who helps others in the team succeed
• You enjoy hackathons and devjams
• You can identify and apply opportunities for own learning & development
• You are a results-driven, highly motivated, and have proven experience in distributed, scalable systems.
• You keep abreast of new products, technologies and Dev releases as we face exciting new challenges every day and are constantly evolving with emerging technology
• You can communicate suggestions and information clearly and concisely
• You can assess reproduction and testing of reported issues; issue bugging and documenting
• You anticipate, identify, and define problems; seek root causes including developing and implementing practical and timely solutions
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive.
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair C
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22202-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.