Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Commerce
Awesome Job: Database Engineer
Great Location: Hollywood, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
You will join ticketmaster global database service team.
Join our global database services team and become an integral core member of a group supporting the
world's largest ticketing system. We are on a journey to build a set of new generation database tools to
build, manage and operate various databases in AWS with a ''infrastructure as code'' mindset and migrating
databases from our On-Prem private cloud to AWS. The development of those tools will also enable other
database users to have the capability to manage and operate their own database platforms. We use various
database RDBMS and NoSQL technologies. We support multiple databases platforms - running on both
private and public cloud infrastructure - powering the world's largest ticketing system and serving 170M
customers. You will be working on some of the latest database technology, and will have an excellent
opportunity to grow your career with a team with a great culture!
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Continuously improving the reliability and performance of existing open-source database platforms
(focus on MySQL but not limited to), both cloud and on-prem solutions
• Adopt self-service tools to facilitate the usability of the datastore services to help the engineering
development (or developer) success.
• Provide sufficient user support of database systems and database code deployments
• Plan the growth and manage the capacity and the life-cycle of the current production open-source
• Provide database advisory expertise to collaborating engineering teams (Database change reviews,
database architecture solution, benchmark testing, PoC collaboration, performance tuning,
• Support and debug database production issues and investigate external services or other levels of
the architecture stack for root cause analysis.
• Strategize on building proactive monitoring and alerting to pre-empt outages
• Participate in the OnCall rotation, including L1 OnCall for the overall enterprise database stacks, and
provide support during scheduled ticketing OnSale hours.
5+ years of experience administering and managing OpenSource MySQL, MariaDB, AWS Aurora or Percona.
• Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining relational databases MySQL
• 5+ years building and maintaining complex mission-critical production database systems.
• Experience analyzing issues from the application tier to database.
• Experience working directly with cross-functional teams, resolving data or/and database related
• Experience using at least
one benchmarking tool for database performance testing, such as HammerDB, Sysbench or other tools
• Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Shell, Python).
• Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Have experience working in a distributed remote environment.
• Have a natural drive to learn new technologies, participate in PoC, and provide the best datastore
solutions to meet the business requirement.
• Have a high inclination to document often on acquired knowledge or processes and share them
among the team, so that others can also contribute, freeing yourself to work on other projects .
• Engineering minded and motivated to remove repeated manual tasks with automation
• Understand and willing to adopt SDLC and Agile best practices.
• Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
• Have a strong level of independence
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7x04-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.