Cloud Cost Optimization Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Employment Tax Manager (Part Time)
Company: Live Nation
Reports to: Tax Director
Contract Type: Part-time, 24 hrs per week. Fixed Term Contract (9 months)
You will be responsible for ensuring the Group is compliant with UK employment tax legislation and assisting on ad hoc projects. The role will focus on compliance with HMRC requirements and therefore specialist knowledge of PAYE and experience of dealing with HMRC will be required. It's a great chance to use your expertise to advise the business on a broad range of employment tax matters both in the UK and internationally.
What it's like to work in the Team?
You will be part of a small friendly team who work in an open and approachable environment. We work together to support each other to achieve. We have the opportunity to work closely with a variety of stakeholders at all levels across the group both in the UK and internationally. Each day is different, we enjoy the freedom to figure out things for ourselves and undertake new challenges in an exciting industry.
Who you are?
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• ATT, CTA or CIPP qualified (or equivalent)
• Experience of working in-house or with HMRC
• Experience of working across multiple PAYE references.
• Experience of working with a 3rd party payroll provider (desired).
• Experience of payroll processing including PAYE, RTI, auto enrolment and statutory payments.
• Experience in payroll and employment tax matters.
• Knowledge of current statutory tax and PAYE legislation.
• Strong system skills including comprehensive knowledge of Excel.
• Customer service focused with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to work to short lead times and meet strict deadlines
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-tax stakeholders.
• Team player.
• Proactive and confident working using own initiative.
• Attention to detail.
• Flexible on working hours to accommodate timetable for payroll cycle.
What the role includes?
• Dealing with HMRC queries
• End of year reporting e.g. PSA, and Form 42. Advise and sign off on termination and severance payments, relocation packages, new benefits from an employment tax perspective.
• Review of P11D's
• Drive the implementation of group led reviews and compliance initiatives
• Recording and reporting for Appendix 4 (International mobile employees) purposes
• Provide tax residency and payroll advice with respect to inbound and outbound employees on international assignments across LNE International regions.
• Advising LNE group on IR35 compliance, employment status and foreign entertainer's unit (FEU) ensuring ESI compliance and tax policy.
• Point of contact for LNE group on IR35 compliance when liaising with agencies and contractors
• Review Company Policies to ensure compliance with PAYE regulations
• Management of National Minimum Wage compliance across LNE group
• Management of Stock Processing with Tax Director
• Management of International Stock and advising on employer withholding position for stock exercises and restricted stock vests
• Due diligence on PAYE and advice on PAYE implications of mergers, acquisitions and disposals
• Assist with ad hoc business changes with PAYE implications e.g. move from company provided to personal mobiles
• Assisting the payroll team with any tax related queries
• Advise the business on employment tax legislative changes that may have an impact
• Work closely with the UK Tax Director to minimise risk and maintain UK PAYE compliance
While this is a great opportunity in an exciting industry this is not just a chance to see shows for free! The role is not your ordinary 9-5 and the industry is demanding with sometimes unsociable and long hours. The excitement and energy of the shows, tours and festivals we create comes from the hard work and dedication we commit to our work, and this role is no exception to this. So, get ready to bring your best to the role.
Live Nation is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.