- Full Time
Title: Director, Data Engineering, Core Data Services
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
Who are you?
Director of Data Engineering within Core Data Services will lead all activities related to data engineering, data management, data modeling and architecture. This opportunity is rare and exciting as we are re-thinking data for the whole enterprise and building a robust modern data platform to unleash power of data and create the base for our engineering and business community to build and monetize analytical products. The right candidate will have solid prior experience running data engineering center of excellence, leading the team through considerable change in adoption new best practices and modern methods of data management
We are looking for a seasoned professional who has experience leading data engineering for large scale systems at enterprise level, managing and growing the team and continuously building data systems that benefit business and position it for considerable competitive advantage in the market.
We have plenty of opportunities to make a difference for the business and for the data engineering team in all aspects - from tech to processes to developing and mentoring people
Core Data Services team is at the center of Data and Analytics initiative. We are in the beginning of our journey to build and enterprise data platform capable to be a true underpinning of any data needs for the enterprise. Our mission is to make reliable data available and enable value creation by the data community of engineers, analysts and decision makers. Core Data Services team consists of Platform engineering team, Data Engineering, Data Enablement and Operations team.
Core Data Services is currently in process of adopting Spark as our main ETL engine and realizing the value of highly functional, performant and transparent Data Lake, all this while maintaining and streamlining existing data infrastructure and doing careful migration. Team's focus is on maximizing the functionality, value and content, optimizing cost of ownership and usability of delivered data services
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned data engineering professional who enjoys advanced architecture, sharing ideas, mentoring technical talent and building value for a company that is on a brink of unlocking huge potential of its data and creating new value for the live entertainment space – lifting up the world in these interesting times.
Exciting, challenging and rewarding – this Director level position empowers and challenges at the same time, providing an ability to influence processes and technology behind big technical and cultural transformation at Live Nation Entertainment
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Lead the data engineering team, mentor and grow people through change
• Setup best practices in areas of data modeling, data interoperability, metadata management and lead team toward becoming full owner of company's data assets
• Partner with platform engineering and operations teams and organize work to streamline existing ETL, migrate to new platform functionality and improve data processing while building functional data lake for the business
• Optimize team productivity by applying best practices in data engineering processes, communication, work allocation and tracking. Deep understanding of agile methodologies is required
• Gather, analyze and communicate requirements for the platform functionality based on team's experience implementing ETL processes. Actively work with product managers and technical user community to develop full understanding of business value produced by data engineering team
• Actively engage and lead efforts of modernizing legacy systems, streamlining traditional ETL processes and documenting all systems and processes. Work with operations team to ensure that maintenance responsibilities are not part of data engineering day to day, including delivering easy to maintain, self-healing, scalable data pipelines
• Ensure team's progress in building and maintaining modern technical skills, level of engagement and lead technical show and tell meetings, knowledge exchange with other teams within and outside of Core Data Services
• Actively participate in building a data driven culture, contributing to the data community and supporting data enablement team in efforts related to making data easily accessible, ready in time, discoverable, usable and easy to understand
• Partner with data engineering team's across organization, engage and lead without authority toward continuous improvement, fast adoption of new platform functionality and effective use of data assets for both operational and analytical use cases
• Work experience in the area of large-scale data engineering and management that allows you to function at a director level
• Strong people management skills, ability to build, lead and scale the team
• Advanced level of understanding modern big data technologies and demands size and latency requirements put on data engineering
• Hands on experience with advanced data modelling, engineering for scalability, data streaming, self-healing and scalable process design, data partitioning, distributed data processing, metadata management. Advanced programming skills in Python, PySpark API, Kafka streaming API, advanced Spark SQL
• Experience with technical stack which includes
• Data Lake technologies like S3, AWS Data Lake, Databricks Delta lake;
• Data warehousing tech like Snowflake, Teradata, Oracle EDW;
• Deep understanding of operationalizing ETL processes using Spark and modern streaming ETL technologies like Spark Streaming, StreamSets, Kafka Connect as well as traditional ETL tools like Informatica, SAP Data Services, Talend and modern orchestration technologies like Airflow. Experience with Enterprise MFT applications/tools and Databricks is a plus.
• Advanced Python, Spark, SQL
• Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment and lead changes in the team
• Strong experience with agile processes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you wi
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.