Awesome Job: Director – Data Engineering
Great Location: West Hollywood, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
The LiveAnalytics team is a market leading data analytics provider focused on innovation and unlocking the power of data for our clients.
The LiveAnalytics group is looking for a Director of Data Engineering to design, develop and support our data products and services for Ticketmaster clients, and build a next-generation data platform. This individual loves working with big data, has a strong background in engineering, and enjoys finding innovative ways to solve complex business challenges. In addition, you will lead a team of overseas data engineers to help execute the development and design of our products, platform and services.
The ideal candidate is analytical and solution-oriented. He/she is a self-starter, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Lead day-to-day development of internal and external data integrations and reporting ecosystem
• Build scalable tools to seamlessly ingest and deliver data assets for data subscription clients, leveraging AWS services, Ticketmaster APIs, and ETL tools using Java, Python, or other programming languages
• Manage data migration and consolidation across multiple database platforms
• Explore new technologies to both power new products and services and to enhance existing automation processes
• Manage the day-to-day data operations
• Design technical configurations and build custom product features
• Manage and maintain server software
• Monitor and resolve technical bug reports and troubleshoot issue with internal data engineers, clients and 3rd party vendors
• Monitor and streamline daily ETL jobs
• Manage BI dashboards, including client onboarding, dashboard publishing, and troubleshooting
• Work directly with Ticketmaster clients and partners to define project requirements and collect specifications
• Build data delivery and billing tracker dashboard and reconcile difference as needed
• Manage projects and communicate updates to stakeholders
• B.S. in computer science, statistics, economics or a related field
• 5+ years of software or data engineering or equivalent technical experience
• 3+ years of experience writing SQL in MPP databases, such as Teradata, Redshift, databricks, etc.
• 3+ years of experience developing ETL jobs
• 2+ years of experience managing direct reports
• Experience writing production-quality code (Java, Scala, Python, etc.)
• Experience with Git or other version control systems
• Experience with modern data computing, using web services, S3, distributed systems, etc.
• Experience with BI software (Qlik, Tableau, Domo, Looker, etc.) is a plus
• Experience designing real-time and API-driven data processing systems in AWS is a plus
• Experience with open-source ETL tools (Pentaho Data Integration, Talend, etc.) is a plus
• Ability to communicate analytical results and insights to less technical audiences
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93ppm-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.