DIRECTOR, COMMUNICATIONS AND VENUE MARKETING
Location: Toronto, ON
Who are you?
We are looking for a leader in the communications and venue marketing space that can help develop and lead our initiatives with marketing campaigns over our national venue portfolio as well design and execute communications strategies against all our lines of business.
The Director, Communications and Venue Marketing will lead the day-to-day execution of multiple communications campaigns and venue marketing campaigns while managing relationships with artists, publicists and multiple internal stakeholders. To be successful in this role, the Director of Communications and Venue Marketing will need to define a path forward, secure buy in and move forward in ambitious way.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Working in partnership with Human Resources, Live Nation global communications and the leadership team, design and implement a modern internal communications strategy that is engaging, entertaining and utilizes modern communication channels and tactics.
• Create a crises safety net for all properties across Canada that includes design, education and implementation.
• Hire and manage team of PR contractors for support during busy summer season.
• Oversee the media accreditation around concerts and festivals.
• Work on high profile tours to secure media exposure through launch events and one-off interview requests.
• Develop and oversee Canadian trade press communications including touring features & success stories, venue openings and executive comms including power lists, awards and features.
• Develop and oversee our consumer press strategy and messaging across national and regional media for touring, venue and festival properties including F&B, hospitality, openings, VIP, partnerships, and sustainability opportunities.
• Develop venue marketing plans that focuses on brand consistency and non-ticket revenue marketing support (F/B, Hospitality, VIP, PSS, Special events etc) for our growing venue network.
• Manage the social media team, define direction around balance between show support and engaging posts around the power of live.
• Identify operational fixes to handle scale for the social media team.
• Envision, energize, and enable the team and organization securing buy-in. Champion a culture of innovative thinking.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Significant experience years in the live music space with focus in communications, social media and venue marketing.
• Solid understanding of modern media, earned media opportunities, and be forward facing with news and entertainment reporters.
• Experience managing organic social media teams in existing and emerging platforms coupled with a strong understanding of their opportunities and challenges.
• A drive for service excellence given the internal (lines of business) and external (artists, managers) stakeholders.
• Rigorous approach to deadline management, overseeing short term projects with short timelines and critical stage gates
• You have a proven track record of mentoring and leading multi-level teams, retaining key talent and building a followership. Able to set a vision and motivate a team to achieve goals while creating a fun and productive culture.
• Evidence of an ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making, and execution are critical to organizational success.
• Able to effectively and succinctly communicate with and influence multiple stakeholders across all levels.
• You possess superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to breakdown complex issues into simple digestible points.
Marketing Owner: We work in a dynamic environment with a high-degree of ambiguity. The successful candidate must be able to quickly identify problems, develop meaningful solutions and drive work forward with the support of other teams. We need a leader to ensure the delivery of ideas to market and shepherd others work to completion.
Builder, not a caretaker: We are creating new capabilities and may not have all of the systems and tools and people in place. Be comfortable with that level of ambiguity and thrive on the challenge of driving the business and function forward while building underlying capabilities.
Creative Thinker: The role is not just about managing within predefined bounds: it's also about thinking outside of the box and introducing novel solutions. We value innovation and want someone who is constantly thinking about ''what's next'' and challenging status quo.
Consumer Obsessed Leader: You place the fan at the centre of our plans and programs, even though we have many constituents to serve. You will become one of the same experts of the fan and understand the implications for creative, marketing, and other functions.
Sprinter and Marathon Runner: We are lean and move fast. Months of contemplation aren't a luxury we can afford. But we aim to build long term, sustainable approached to limit rework and give our stakeholders confidence we can stick to long-term strategies and roadmaps.
Cross Functional team player: We value transparency and helping one another. Communication and collaboration across the entire organization and developing an engaged team will lead to greater individual success.
People and Culture leader: Managing people is one thing, leading them and helping them develop is much better. The best candidates for this role will have a history of inspiring and nurturing their teams and enabling improvements in their capabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87986-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.