Location: UK (Remote)
Contract Terms: Full Time Permanent
You will be joining a new Data Engineering team to help get the most value out of our real-time data streams with a focus on ensuring genuine fans have the best opportunity to buy tickets.
We are seeking a highly skilled Data Engineer to join our team and play a critical role in developing and maintaining our data infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of data platforms and tools, as well as experience designing and implementing data pipelines and ETL processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Design, implement, and maintain data pipelines and ETL processes that enable real-time data-driven decision-making.
• Work closely with the Director of Data Science and cross-functional teams to identify data requirements, define data models, and develop scalable solutions to support our growing data needs.
• Build and maintain data warehouses, and other data infrastructure components that ensure data quality, accuracy, and availability.
• Continuously monitor and evaluate data infrastructure performance, and identify opportunities for improvement and optimization.
• Ensure compliance with data security and privacy policies, and implement appropriate access controls and data governance frameworks.
• Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure that data infrastructure supports their analytical needs and requirements.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant experience.
hands-on data science experience
Strong knowledge of data platforms and tools, including Hadoop, Spark, SQL, and NoSQL databases.
• Experience designing and implementing data pipelines and ETL processes.
Good knowledge of ML ops principles and best practices to deploy, monitor and maintain machine learning models in production.
Familiarity with Git and MLflow for managing and tracking model versions
• Experience with Kafka is a big bonus
• Experience with cloud-based data platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
• Proven track record of running large scale mission critical data infrastructure in production
Experience with container technologies (such as Docker) and orchestration technologies (such as Kubernetes)
• Experience working in ecommerce or retail industries is a plus.
• An understanding of security measures related to ML models ensuring adherence to data privacy regulations.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex data infrastructure issues.
• Proficient collaborating with data scientists to understand their requirements and assist implementation of machine learning models.
• A Deep product focused mindset, with a desire to understand your customers and what will make their use of your output easier and more efficient.
• Curious by nature, enjoy looking into problems around your core tasks, experimenting with potential solutions.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q277-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.