The Data Catalog Lead will work on the Data Services team for Live Nation. Data Services manages the ingestion, processing, and delivery of data. The team also manages the reporting platforms as well for the organization. The role will sit specifically within the Data Enablement team that is tasked with helping users find and use data.
The Data Catalog Lead will help with one of the key aspects of data discovery within the company as well as the creation and growth of a live nation data community via our enterprise data catalog. This individual will evangelize the benefits of a community-based approach to discovering, sharing, and managing our data. The manager of the data catalog will direct the engineering efforts and roadmap for new features within the application and act as a consolidating force for feedback from the community of both data producers and data consumers.
One of the primary goals for this year and next will be to help stand-up a new Data Catalog tool and create, foster, and expand our data community within engineering and business teams with a focus on enabling business analysts across the organization.
Live Events are back, and the business is growing a tremendous rate. This role is crucial in enabling the company to take live events to the next level.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Roll-out & manage the enterprise Data Catalog for all Live Nation including new feature rollouts for the various user groups across the company
• Act as a primary contributor for the Metadata repositories as well as manage the health and wellbeing of the Metadata repositories
• Help with standardization of naming of data elements across data domains
• Lead/promote a data community comprised of both data producers and data consumers encouraging participation from the community in building out the Data Catalog
• Provide a framework and delivery of data governance across data domains
• Stay abreast of technology and practice trends, create proof of concepts and lead adoption for data discovery
• Understand the live entertainment landscape and Live Nation's business processes, to help enable data discovery for all stakeholders
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING:
• Bachelor's Degree, BSc/BA in Business, Economics, Data/Computer Science
• 3-5+ years working in data management and data cataloging
• Background in data mining, efficient in navigating complex data warehouses
• Advanced SQL skills
• Proven proficiency within a BI platform (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI, Tableau)
• Track record of success working within a matrixed organization and developing deep relationships with key commercial stakeholders at all levels
• Detail oriented with strong time management and organizational skills
• Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, and handle shifting priorities
• Team-oriented, collaborative worker while still being able to work independently
• Ability to maintain a broad and big-picture view, and weigh varied/multiple factors when making product decisions
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time, and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj3zo-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.