Health and Safety Advisor
Farringdon, United Kingdom
Company: Live Nation Entertainment
Department: Trust and Security
Location: UK, remote
Reports to: Senior Manager of Cyber Defence
Working Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's largest live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. With 550 million fans and operations in over 40 countries, somewhere in the world every 18 minutes a Live Nation Entertainment event takes place. We manage some of the world's biggest artists, produce some iconic music festivals, oversee world leading venues and, through Ticketmaster, operate one of the largest ecommerce sites. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
A Live Nation Entertainment, our goal is to maintain the trust and confidence of our fans, artists, employees and partners. Combined with maintaining the highest level of data security, our handling of information is designed to put the individual in control, ensuring that we handle their information in a way that best serves them and maintaining the highest level of security. Trust and Security identifies and reduces data protection risk, arming the business with industry-leading subject matter expertise as it builds the future of live.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Cyber Defence, you will be a part of a global, dedicated multidisciplinary team of passionate information security and privacy professionals. You will lead with a strategic, action-oriented mindset focused on performance and accountability as well as align the team's strategic priorities.
You champion an inclusive environment and foster a broad network – Committed to an environment of engagement, inclusion and respect; enables an environment where all individuals can make a difference; collaborates effectively with leaders across the enterprise.
You engage in intellectual curiosity, agility and experimentation that drives innovation – Integrate diverse views to facilitate breakthroughs; inspire commitment to changes through relevant experiences; challenges others to think differently and creatively.
You are a role model and serve as an active talent champion, coach and mentor – Makes time to coach, mentor and develop talent across the organization; holds management accountable for feedback, coaching and mentoring to team members; advocates a growth mindset for personal development. You build trust and serve as a helpful colleague – Facilitates open deliberation with honest and diverse ideas; influences through listening; promotes others to advance their reputation and visibility through their contributions.
Who you are
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• Knowledge of security tools and technologies such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewalls, and antivirus software
• Data collection methods and best practices
• Ability to tune and measure detection rules
• Competency and understanding in CI/CD pipeline
• Familiar with Detection-as-code
• Understanding of security frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, and PCI DSS
• Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of network protocols, operating systems, and applications
• Knowledge of malware analysis and forensic techniques
• Ability to analyze and interpret security logs and other data
• Ability to provide guidance and support to junior SOC analysts
• Familiarity with cloud security and virtualization technologies
• Proven experience in Information Security or similar discipline
• Demonstrable experience of Linux/Unix, Mac and Windows system analysis experience
• Cyber Threat Intelligence knowledge and/or experience
• Familiarity with the Threat Intelligence lifecycle
• Experience writing strategic threat reports
• Experience working in a large enterprise and management of a wide range of security tools such as IDS/IPS (network and host), advanced anti-malware (network and endpoint), DLP, encryption, antivirus, firewalls, identity management, NAC, etc.
• Experience operating in at least one public cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure) and other cloud native technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform)
• Familiarity with security standards NIST Cyber Security Framework, NIST SP800-61 R2 and ISO/IEC 27035
• Relevant certifications such as Security+, Server+, Linux+ GSEC, GIAC, GCIH, or CISM could be advantageous
• Deep understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities
• Manage relationships with business partners, management, vendors, and external parties
• In-depth technical knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux based operating systems
• Strong organisational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Analytical and strategic mindset to overcome obstacles and solve complex problems
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely manner
• Ability to develop team projects and execute strategic initiatives to completion
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, additional languages is a plus
• Excellent customer service skills required
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
• Strong sense of moral character, high-ethical standards, servant-leader and accountability
• Flexible and responsive to changing situations. Ability to multitask and prioritise
• Self-driven, self-disciplined to perform tasks and complete projects with little to no supervision with a high sense of duty
• Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Have a global mind-set for working with different cultures and backgrounds
• Strong attention to detail
• Embraces mentorship, knowledge sharing and teaming skills
• Travel is at a minimum, but some domestic and international travel is required
• Must be willing to be available 24/7 during weekly on-call rotations, including Weekends and Holidays
What the role includes
• Work closely with the Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC), and Cyber Threat Intelligence teams to build new tailored security detections.
• Build mechanisms that combine multiple detection signals to create higher fidelity threat detections
• Design, build, and deploy automation to scale system and infrastructure vulnerability and inventory discovery efforts across numerous endpoints, assets, and locations
• Identify trends and build observability into areas that need it
• Consult on technology initiatives to provide industry best-practice as a baseline for security observability and detections
• Analyse business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks
• Participate in the implementation of security controls and measures to protect our network and systems
• Stay current with emerging security threats and technologies
• Perform risk analysis to find any vulnerability that can have an impact on the company
• Generate improvement strategies for better company security
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x0ek-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.