Senior Business Analyst
Remote / Virtual
Corporate Tax Manager
Company: Live Nation
Reports to: Tax Director
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract to Feb 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our in-house Direct tax team on a fixed term contract basis. Live Nation is part of a large vibrant Group of companies within Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment business.
What it's like to work in the Team?
You will be part of a small friendly team who work in an open and approachable environment. We work together to support each other to achieve. We work closely with a variety of stakeholders at all levels across the group both in the UK and internationally. Each day is different, we enjoy the freedom to figure out things for ourselves and undertake new challenges in an exciting industry.
Who you are?
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• CTA and/or ACA qualification (or equivalent)
• Previous in-house tax experience
• Experienced user of Alpha Tax
• Good Excel skills
• Experience of running reports using financial systems such as Oracle and BPC
• Experience of US GAAP reporting would be advantageous
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
• A 'can do' attitude essential
• Customer service focused with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to work to short lead times and meet strict deadlines
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-tax stakeholders.
• Team player.
• Proactive and confident working using own initiative.
• Attention to detail.
What the role includes?
• Preparation of CT600 and supporting calculations for submission to HMRC of c.20 Group companies
• Preparation and review of statutory accounts provision including 2 tax consolidations for groups with multiple companies including JV's and non-UK entities.
• Review of tax computations and accounts provision for several Group companies where tax is outsourced (including Irish and German subsidiaries)
• Quarterly Group tax reporting to US head office including UK to US GAAP adjustments.
• Calculation of UK QIPs and balancing payments (reminders for German tax payments and calculation of Irish payments)
• Liaison with Auditors and HMRC on various tax queries and enquiries.
• Ad hoc research on various tax matters (corporate, international, VAT).
• Monthly review of tax information and communication with management accountants
• Monthly review of tax accounts and completion of SOX checklist.
• Maintain permanent file and standing data for Group companies and review on regular basis.
• Ensure compliance with Senior Accounting Officer obligations by collating quarterly risk analysis review from business units and Group FD's to support the certification process.
• Monitoring of Interest and Debt restrictions on quarterly basis and detailed calculation for submission to HMRC.
• Preparation of annual budget tax figures for current and deferred tax including estimated tax payments for budget cash flow.
• Supporting the Tax Director with Ad Hoc projects
• Opportunity to gain exposure to other taxes eg VAT, Employment taxes
While this is a great opportunity in an exciting industry this is not just a chance to see shows for free! The role is not your ordinary 9-5 and the industry is demanding with sometimes unsociable and long hours. The excitement and energy of the shows, tours and festivals we create comes from the hard work and dedication we commit to our work, and this role is no exception to this. So, get ready to bring your best to the role.
Live Nation is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.