Location: London, UK
Division: International Ticketing | UK | Platform Engineering
Line Manager: Senior Architect
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full Time
As a member of the Ticketmaster Technology Operations team, The Ticketmaster Cloud Optimization Team creates and implements an overall strategy for the cost-effective scaling of cloud infrastructure and services, aligned with Ticketmaster's growth objectives.
Ticketmaster is looking for a Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer/Analyst to join our Technology Operations team and help us closely manage and optimize the costs of Cloud computing. Our mission is to enable Ticketmaster's product development teams to leverage the benefits of Cloud computing in a secure, responsible, performant and cost-efficient way.
As a Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer/Analyst, you'll be responsible for managing, monitoring, reporting, and recommending strategy and actionable tasks to maximize the cost efficiency of our Cloud operations. You'll provide recommendations for the rightsizing and elasticity of our workloads, ensure we're leveraging the best pricing options, optimize storage and other services, and measure, monitor and improve our processes for engaging development teams to assign and track optimization tasks - based on the AWS Cost Optimization Pillars. You'll help teams estimate and report costs, create budgets and forecasts, and track against them using tools like AWS Cost Explorer and Cloudability.
You'll be working with a veteran team of hyper-collaborative cloud platform experts to help enable responsible cloud infrastructure growth among Ticketmaster's business units.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Working closely with Ticketmaster's business, finance, and technology partners, the Cloud Cost Analyst will:
• analyse cloud environments and deliver reports for cloud costs, usage, and forecasts
• prioritize and make rightsizing and configuration recommendations based on optimization analysis
• work with development teams and technology partners to complete and track detailed cloud cost savings action items
• provide governance and evangelize cloud efficiency best practices and new features
• create, improve, and integrate cloud cost processes and automation
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Proven experience with AWS Cloud cost estimating and Cloud infrastructure optimization
• Experience with Spot and Reserved Instance analysis and management
• Experience with AWS cloud architecture, console and CLI
• Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other units / teams / projects. Typically assigned to strategic / complex undertakings
• Experience with Cloud cost and usage analysis tools like AWS Cost Explorer, AWS Trusted Advisor, and Cloudability
• Strong Microsoft Excel and BI reporting tool (DOMO, QuickSight, etc.) skills
• Strong database query language skills
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills for both technical and business audiences at all levels
• Passion for discovering, learning, and adopting new technologies and methods in support of cloud cost management maturity
• Excellent team player
• TICKETMASTER VALUES
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers, and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.