Senior Front End Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK
Division: Global PMO
Line Manager: RPA Lead
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
Our mission is to move strategy into execution, as a central hub we help all other teams understand direction and priority. We are a centre of excellence for portfolio management that plans, governs and reports on the work of the organization. From strategic direction down to individual resource allocation our team drives both the planning and execution of strategy.
The Ticketmaster PMO has always been a source of internal innovation. We were recognised as best of the best in a global competition by PMI in 2015 and have continued to push boundaries ever since. Within the PMO, we are building out a Global RPA (Robotic Process Automation) Centre of Excellence (CoE) that aims to demonstrate the potential of RPA, develop business cases and build RPA solutions across a wide range of departments.
We play a central role in transforming regional, functional and global capabilities. In the past year alone, we have re-engineered and automated critical business processes across multiple regions including North America, Europe, and UK. As we scale our global footprint we need an incredibly bright technology self-starter to join the team and learn how Ticketmaster is able to sell and support hundreds of thousands of tickets across genres, events and venues each year.
This role offers a unique opportunity to use the latest automation technologies, become an accredited RPA developer and deliver state of the art services to our global organisation. Day to day this involves simplifying, identifying and improving current solutions as well as using developer skills to implement RPA solutions across the business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Defining, developing and supporting high-quality RPA solutions using UIPath.
• Administering and maintaining RPA processes, whilst looking for opportunities to improve these processes and use RPA to improve efficiency and quality
• Building relationships and working with Global offices across multiple languages, currencies and locations to help design and build automation and cognitive solutions.
• Maintain a product backlog of automation candidates and adopt an 'improve then automate' approach.
• Helping quality assure solutions and in-depth documentation as robots move from development into test and live
• Generating reports that drive decision making across the organization, aswell as UI Platform performance reports.
• Presenting to the wider business automated solutions, as well as reviewing documentation to ensure all steps are followed and communicated effectively.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Good development/scripting skills in common languages such as VB, JAVA, C++ and SQL.
• Ability to put in practice analytical problem solving skills.
• Experience understanding the concept and practical applications of RPA is ideal. Actual experience with the UiPath tool is desirable but not a requirement.
• Experience or education in a Technology or Computer Science discipline
• Some previous experience of working with a high-level, structured programming language would be advantageous, although not essential for the right candidates.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel with use of built-in functions. Experience of creating Excel macros would be beneficial.
• Experience with creating dashboard views and gathering of holistic data would be advantageous.
• Able to quickly debug any defects or issues that arise during development and day-to-day operations
• Ability to communicate complex business processes as simply as possible, e.g. via visualisations such as flowcharts
• A good understanding of desktop applications including Microsoft Excel (vlookup, pivot tables etc.)
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• An evangelist for RPA who believes that the best way to win people over is by demonstrating results (proof-of-concepts, pilots, thin-slice delivery)
• A creative problem-solver, exhibiting common sense and analytical reasoning skills and taking ownership of issues to the point of resolution
• A good presenter with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a variety of personalities and styles
• Take pride in their ability to deliver high quality work whilst using a creative approach.
• A great facilitator with the ability to run sessions from which structured outputs/artefacts can be generated.
• A rigorous approach to work and an eye for detail
• A fascination with processes, product management and RPA
• An interest and aptitude in embracing new technology
Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one incredible experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx77eo-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.