JOB DESCRIPTION – Associate Director, Product Design – Global Marketplace
Location: NYC, US
Division: Global Marketplace - Product Design
Line Manager: SVP, Design
Contract Terms: Full-time/Regular
At Ticketmaster, we're at the start of an amazing new chapter. As the thrill of live events returns, we're unifying our fan platforms into a single best in class global experience to help millions of fans all over the world access the live entertainment they love and make unforgettable memories.
We're looking for an experienced and confident Associate Director, Product Design - Marketplace with deep UX research, visual and interaction design, and critical thinking skills to join our amazing global team and embark on this exciting journey with us.
As Associate Director, Product Design – Marketplace, you will lead your team to create best-of-breed, next generation fan experiences for multiple products within our Ticketmaster Global Marketplace portfolio. You are accountable for all UX research & UI design quality, standards & processes, and stakeholder management for your assigned area, as well as the overall success of your team. You will provide product design direction, strategy, and management at project lifecycle level and contribute to short- and medium- term strategic programs. You will influence and coach your team members to achieve design excellence, ease of use, and product success.
As such, you are expected be:
• An expert product designer, who will lead your Product Design team to conduct relevant research, generate meaningful insights and use it to inform and transform features into beautiful, intuitive, and conversion-optimised experiences;
• An inquisitive and fearless editor, who will lend critical eye to concepts and elevates the quality of delivery in innovation, utility, value generation, scalability, composition, content, and attention to detail;
• A rigorous but inspirational coach, who will manage, pull up, and grow our bench of new design leaders and support them through tactical, day-to-day management and professional development challenges;
• An experienced design program manager who will ensure that the department's high standards and accountability are not diminished and are continually and visibly evolved; and
• A cross-functional collaborator who has strong peer relationships in Product, Engineering and other Design functions to create effective environments for their team and who is beginning to engage and influence key stakeholders, clients, and other internal functions, such as Sales, Account Management, Marketing, SEO, Analytics, etc.
You will be measured on how our overall Ticketmaster fan experiences stack up and perform against the exceptionally competitive and ever-changing digital landscape. You will also be measured on how successful your stream leads have adopted and integrated industry and Ticketmaster-established design standards, rigour, and principles into their day-to-day product objectives and deliveries. The team under your management will be expected to achieve and demonstrate visible and measurable success in product and personal performance.
Product Delivery, Strategic Planning and Alignment
• Deliver best in class user experiences for our fans.
• Be accountable for all product design deliverables, processes, and standards in your assigned area.
• Collaborate with and align goals, schedules, and processes with senior management, stakeholders, and cross-functional counterparts to meet wider aims and timelines of Ticketmaster successfully.
• Develop clear and effective design project plans, including user research and design delivery schedules, for all responsible product areas.
• Set clear expectations and communicate plans and progress explicitly and consistently with senior management, PMO, Product, Engineering and direct reports.
• Apply critical thinking and rigour to ensure business, client and end user perspectives have all been accounted for and prioritised in context.
• Ensure innovation, creativity and exceptional quality are part of the final and built solution.
• Collaborate with Product Marketing to devise scalable product asset share and relevant brand systems.
Design Team and Infrastructure Management
• Lead design requirements discovery and goal clarification workshops.
• Understand and translate the short, medium and long-term vision and strategic business goals to direct reports.
• Help stream leads plan and apply appropriate UX & Product Design methodologies to support product objectives. As such, coach all Product Designers to:
• Plan and conduct user, market, and competitive research
• Participate in and/or lead ideation workshops with cross-functional teams.
• Produce user types, scenarios/journeys, flow maps and produce relevant artefacts & documentation (e.g. wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, presentations) to convey clear context & vision to stakeholders and to aid in accurate design decision making.
• Use core information architecture and interaction design skills to take design deliverables through a full project lifecycle.
• Conduct benchmark and validation usability tests and maintain a database of test subjects.
• Conduct stress tests and design QA tests to ensure deliveries meet specifications.
• Work with the Analytics and product management teams to ensure measurable design decisions are being made.
• Manage and/or contribute to Marketplace Design System, appropriate product brand guidelines, etc.
• Review, edit, and ensure all design artefacts are to exceptional standards and help and empower teams to achieve this on their own with minimal supervision.
• Ensure that Ticketmaster visual identity is integrated sympathetically into features and ensure that visual standards are constantly benchmarked and evolved to ensure competitive edge
• Collaborate with other Marketplace leads to manage and evolve Marketplace Design System
• Develop and maintain lasting stakeholder, client and/or market relationships to ensure continuity in support/input during design ideation and validation processes.
Team Growth, Development, Innovation, and Thought Leadership
• Develop individualized professional development plans for direct reports and coach them through success.
• Coach stream leads how to lead and mentor their own teams.
• Build team members' core and soft skills through well-considered and appropriate professional development programs, projects, and/or activities.
• Start establishing presence as an expert and evangelize product design through frequent and effective idea shares, communication, and storytelling
• Develop strong relationships and establish position of influence with counterparts across the organization, particularly Product, Engineering and Marketing.
• Keep skills fresh and be informed of best practices, technical and process trends and developments. Continually introduce them into the workflow to keep Ticketmaster competitive and to attract and retain world class talent.
• Get involved with external design community and participate in industry events and dialogue and start representing Ticketmaster in a professional capacity.
• Deep experience designing cross platform, fan products at global and enterprise-scale. Experience with ecommerce and content management systems, non-negotiable.
• Proven track record of delivering multiple concur
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwb51-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.