WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Assistant General Manager will provide support and assistance to the General Manager. This role will work closely with division leadership, local municipalities and will have a close tie to all hourly event-based employees at the venue. This role will also assist by supporting additional Live Nation venues within the region when needed.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Responsible for managing all aspects of facility operations and maintenance, including but not limited to, front of house operations, preventive maintenance, third party contracting, limited governmental relationships, and staffing.
• Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises part-time staff/supervisors, including but not limited to: Security, Parking/Traffic, Cashiers, Maintenance, and Ushers/Ticket Takers.
• Develops and oversees overhead expense budget for House Departments.
• Assists, in coordination with the General Manager, in preparation of annual operations budget.
• Maintains and monitors records of all incident reports. Investigates and manages all pending cases, including interviewing staff and attending arbitration hearings as necessary.
• In conjunction with all management and other personnel works to provide a safe and enjoyable facility for guests and employees including all Service Culture training.
• Ensure optimum operating condition of all theater equipment, such as communication equipment and crowd control devices.
• Investigate and resolve guest related complaints.
• Implementation and execution of all Live Nation policies, procedures, and programs.
• Develop and implement recruiting program for seasonal event staff and other seasonal positions.
• Develop and coordinate the Injury Prevention Program for staff.
• Development and maintenance of municipality relationships including police, fire, rescue, parks and other departments.
• Coordinate and manage subcontractors and third party vendors to ensure safe, efficient and successful events
• Respond to patron complaints as necessary
• Coordinate with facilities team to develop long term preventive maintenance programs, capital expenditure programs, and other asset protection and improvement programs
• Coordinate and actively communicate to the neighboring businesses and residents as needed.
• Provides support to neighboring venues within the region/market.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or comparable work experience
• Minimum 5 years experience as a manager in a hospitality related business
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends, and holidays)
• Ability and flexibility to travel when needed
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• Previous experience working with local municipalities, such as police, fire, etc.
• Previous experience supervising and managing large volumes of part time, event based employees
• Experience in a live music environment
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo1n4-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.