Job DESCRIPTION – Application Support Engineer III - (T3)
Division: International Sports Technology
The Application Support teams provide a Tier 2 technical support that seeks resolution to technical issues raised by the Ticketmaster international market teams related to the products and services used by Ticketmaster Sports clients and fans. At first touch, the team aims to resolve where possible and escalate to other technology teams where necessary and liaise between tier 1 and engineering teams for escalated incidents. They provide expert Onsales coordination and perform incident management for major incidents for supported products and services, ensuring that we maintain a high standard from diagnostics and communication to complete resolution. The team are key to new client configuration and support and work collaboratively with Product and software engineering teams to continuously improve service levels.
A crucial part of the teams' ambition is to actively reduce operational effort by creating/improving automation or working with Software/Platform Engineering teams to improve self-healing and self-service tooling, documentation, FAQs, or tooling.
As an Application Support Engineer, you'll be part of a team providing oversight and office hours and on-call support of the infrastructure and services that power Ticketmaster Sport. Members of the Application Support team must work independently and multi-task among several concurrent problems, perform triage and prioritization as necessary with discretion and pragmatic judgment, including marshalling the necessary internal resources during high-pressure situations. This role requires a strong sense of responsibility and problem ownership through to completion. This role requires compiling solutions across a broad technology stack whilst working with engineering teams on long-term fixes. This role will also require working with the wider technology team to reduce support requests per client whilst helping accelerate the client base's growth. At Ticketmaster, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, then please read on!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Feed into the design and automation of tools, services, APIs, client and fan facing applications.
• Providing 2nd/3rd line support to internal Ticketmaster teams
• Supporting wider Ticketmaster teams to help troubleshoot using product and technical knowledge
• Independently learn new technologies and master the Ticketmaster products and services so that you can provide 'full-stack' diagnostics, when necessary, to help determine the root cause of issues, where appropriate help our integrators through their issues.
• Attend discovery sessions and where appropriate daily stand-ups with software and platform engineering teams.
• Providing accurate, constructive feedback with positive engagement to other Ticketmaster teams is a vital responsibility.
• Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team monitoring the availability and performance of the Ticketmaster sites and APIs used by third-party services, as well as the various internal services and systems on which these interfaces depend.
• Ensure integration documentation is up to date and to a high standard, this team will provide the subject matter expertise to ensure we offer a high-quality service to our integrators.
• Provide technical assistance to other business units for all issues on operating the production environment.
• Support and troubleshoot with integrators during API onboarding and upgrades.
• Support operations teams in troubleshooting issues they face with API requests and data feed solutions, whilst ensuring that how-to guides are continually improved.
• Updating and maintaining API documentation and taking appropriate internal documentation as a starting point to creating external-facing integration documentation.
• Using expertise gathered from working with integrators to help UAT API enhancements.
• Advanced troubleshooting techniques with in-house and external technologies
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• BA/BSc degree in computer science or related field or relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
• 5 Years IT expereince
• Proficiency in PowerShell/Shell Script for operations scripts and text processing is expected.
• Troubleshooting skills ranging from diagnosing low-level API request issues to large-scale issues with correlating data between various APIs. Knowledge of Swagger.
• Experience with Git.
• Experience working in an agile development environment.
• Experience with Jira, Jira Service Desk, confluence, and log analysis tools such as Kibaba and Grafana.
• Experience of .Net based applications and / or Java based applications on linux
• Understanding of networking principles and the ability to use basic network troubleshooting tools
• Prior experience in a fast-paced environment, resolving multiple interrupt-driven priorities simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
• Containerisation and knowledge of Kubernetes.
• Experience with Incident and change management, ITIL
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high-quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
• Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
• Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
• Passionate and motivated, resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking
• Committed and able to adapt quickly
• You have experience in working within an agile environment
• Excellent collaboration skills to enable full cooperation with the wider Technology teams
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members.
• Ability to work independently whilst ensuring that new knowledge; is shared with peers, and fed back to the wider technology team.
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world-class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8njnx-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.