Remote / Virtual
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Coach, train, and supervise both on- and off-site senior/staff accountant(s) and accounting support assistants
• Work closely with Senior/Staff Accountant(s) and support assistants to ensure that all show and company related data (e.g. receivables, receipts, payrolls, payables, etc.) is processed timely and is ready for month-end closing.
• Lead the period-end closing processes ensuring accurate and timely submission of the financial statements. For example:
• Monitor and ensure that all event and company related data has been recorded in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner
• Ensure that shows are hard booked within proscribed timelines
• Prepare monthly journal entries
• Analyze and review system-generated reports
• Complete and submit financial statement roll-forwards, variance analyses, and detail of certain significant accounts
• Review and approve reporting package(s), including Financial Statement Package Checklist. Also assemble and submit reporting package(s) to Director of Accounting for approval
• Analyze all reconciliations for bank accounts, general ledger accounts, various sub-ledgers, etc.
• Review barter files and corresponding activity; submit quarterly barter activity report(s)
• Monitor receivable balances and collection efforts, ensuring adequate reserves are recorded as necessary
• Monitor Fixed Asset accounting and depreciation
• Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures / policies, including SOX requirements
• Oversee audit processes, preparing internal and external audit schedules as needed and liaising with auditors
• Interact with Director of Accounting and/or VP Finance to provide necessary show and company data necessary for forecasting and budgeting.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Coordinating staff schedules to meet all division deadlines
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Bachelors degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting with prior supervisory experience
• Possess advanced accounting expertise, including thorough knowledge of GAAP and SOX requirements
• Knowledge of internal controls. Must be able to maintain proper internal controls and enhance efficiency when possible.
• Strong analytical and effective decision making skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, ORACLE experience preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r00y1m-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.