Director, Original Programming
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is currently seeking a VP, Production for the Motion Picture Group. This role encompasses advocating for projects to acquire, develop and convert for the studio.
• Retrieve, filter and purchase material for the studio based on sellable concepts, IP, and the MPG content strategy
• Curate a self-generated development slate that fits the Content Strategy of the MPG
• Manage personal development spend towards a 33% conversion rate
• Convert and oversee 1-3 movies per year
• Oversee the day-to-day of each film on their slate from inception to release; includes acquisition, creative development, packaging, conversion to greenlight, pre-production, production, and post-production.
• Effectively communicate with the President of Production, and the President of the Motion Picture Group regarding the status of projects as it pertains to creative, financials, production logistics, etc.
• Effectively communicate with Business Affairs and Physical Production to secure material and talent in contracts
• Recommend new talent hires to the President of Production and the President of the Motion Picture Group
• Communicate effectively with filmmakers and talent during all phases of the production process
• Maintaining relationships with reps and talent while curating new relationships for the studio
Qualifications & Skills:
• Candidate must have prior experience in development at a studio or production company
• Proven experience in effectively leading a film from inception to release
• Ability to self-generate and procure material and talent relationships
• Strong existing relationships with agencies and talent
• Strong perspective on audience demands and the film landscape
• Refined understanding of concepts and packages that will meet audience demand
• Ability to maintain strictest levels of confidentiality and discretion around all activity
• Self-starter who proactively seeks ways of developing his/her/their own skills
• Must be able to direct and manage junior executives
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of management and talent
About the Company:
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview:
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate’s motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster’s Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate’s Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.