EVP, Global Earned Media & Communications
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Vice President, Creative Marketing in the Marketing Department of the Motion Picture Group. This role is responsible for helping define the creative voice of our theatrical film campaigns, supporting the Senior Vice President of Creative Advertising.
• Lead and develop culturally relevant and impactful marketing campaigns that connect Lionsgate films with consumers across the world
• Create and help develop a diverse range of marketing content including theatrical trailers, print campaigns, short-form AV content, digital campaign materials, and integrated marketing initiatives.
• Skillfully communicate different facets of campaigns to production executives, filmmakers, talent and talent representatives
• Serve as a cross-functional liaison across internal studio divisions, including creative advertising, global marketing strategy, publicity, paid media, brand partnerships, exhibitor relations, digital marketing, research/analytics, production & acquisitions, and distribution & sales, with a focus on leading collaborative cross-divisional initiatives
• Oversee creative agencies – providing creative direction and strategic vision based on internal conversations, while shepherding scope, budget, and overall campaign resources
• Execute multiple simultaneous wide-release campaigns, while delivering materials on time and within budgets
Qualifications & Skills
• Expert in devising and inspiring great ideas, partnering with top agencies for the execution and finish of best-in-class creative
• Deep knowledge of the best creative agencies and freelancers, with the expertise to direct them in production of superior quality creative
• Sophisticated understanding of how best to inform creative materials and campaign initiatives with market research insights and audience analytics
• Excellent copywriting, written communication and collaboration skills
• Excels in and enjoys a fast-moving and quickly changing environment
• Strong knowledge of digital media and communication platforms
• Experience in managing and mentoring teams and direct-reports
• Out-of-the-box thinker in terms of coming up with groundbreaking ideas
• True passion for film and deep knowledge of the entertainment landscape
• Self-starter/Intuitive Thinker
• Minimum of 5 years' entertainment marketing experience, directly responsible for the Creative Effort from start to finish
Nice to Haves
• Experience in Film Marketing at a Film Studio, Content Streamer or Creative Agency
• Experience as a Creative Director at a Creative Agency that services content clients
• Experience in Copywriting
• Experience with Print Creative
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55xo7-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.