Director, Production Finance
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Lionsgate is currently seeking a Manager for the TV Production Finance group whose primary responsibilities includes financial project management of original series, pilots, and mini-series. This position will support the VP of Television Finance and overall function.
• Support the fiscal management and administration of all internal and external facets of assigned television productions. Must be knowledgeable of the financing aspects of all assigned shows including (but not limited to): co-production deal structure, deficit calculation, network/studio breakages and tax credits estimates
• Manage quarterly corporate reporting process. Analyze, review for accounting accuracy and submit to corporate accounting group, required Production Finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, bank reconciliations
• Provide Production Finance support to Production & Business Affairs Executives of assigned projects
• Closely monitor the production progress of assigned productions. Must be able to provide guidance and address various production finance related queries from internal and external customers such as: co-production partners, Business Affairs executives, Production and Post Production Executives, production accountants, corporate accounting and FP&A executives, corporate tax department, Residuals and Participations groups, tax credit auditors, State film office, internal auditors, external cost auditors and post production accounting group
• Manage production incentive workflow of assigned shows, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, ensure receipt of tax credits or cash and assist with tax incentive analysis to determine the best location to capture the highest return of rebates and tax credits to the network
• Coordinate Production Accounting compliance audits of assigned shows to support Production Finance efforts in enforcing appropriate finance controls in production accounting operations. Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures
• Coordinate transfer of production accounting responsibilities from production accountant to post production accounting group. Responsible for ensuring transfer of information related to all open items in cost report and trial balance are properly documented and communicated
• Work closely with post production accountant to manage the cost reporting process from post production stage to close of accounting books. This is to ensure accurate reporting of EFC to corporate accounting and FP&A group
• Support the management, forecasting and maintenance consolidated production cash flow of entire TV slate
• Perform ad hoc financial analyses and miscellaneous projects as needed
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in Television production accounting or studio production finance or FP&A is required
• In depth understanding of film and television industry accounting and finance practices
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
• Knowledge of state and international tax incentive laws and credits
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Lionsgate Television is one of the foremost third-party suppliers of premium scripted series to streaming, broadcast and cable platforms alike while also serving as a prolific supplier of premium content to Starz. Drawing upon its production partnerships with many of the top content creators, it supplies dozens of scripted series to more than 20 different network partners. With a reputation for creating ''brand-defining'' shows for a diverse range of platforms, Lionsgate Television has produced and distributed the iconic long-running series Mad Men, one of the most acclaimed shows in television history, the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Nashville, Dear White People and many others while continuing to develop strong slates of acclaimed new series. Lionsgate also operates a robust in-house unscripted television business partnering with a diverse array of linear and streaming platforms. Lionsgate television series have garnered 238 Emmy® nominations, 38 Emmys®, 66 Golden Globe® nominations and nine Golden Globe® wins.
The Lionsgate Television Group collaborates closely with the Company's other television businesses, including Debmar-Mercury, a leading producer and syndicator of evergreen game and talk shows, Pilgrim Media, one of the top producers of unscripted series, and 3 Arts Entertainment, a leading talent management and production company that has become a major television production partner and a source of top talent for all of the Company's businesses. The Lionsgate Worldwide Television Distribution Group licenses the Company's feature film and television slates, 17,000-title film and television library, one of the largest in the world, and Starz's original programming slate to nearly every major OTT and linear platform through a global network of deep customer relationships.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.