Financial Accounting Analyst
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Lionsgate seeks a statistician-methodologist to support quantitative (and some qualitative) requests from across the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group (MPG). This critical thinker will sit within the analytics team supporting stakeholders across the MPG at the Lionsgate offices in Santa Monica, CA. For exceptional and senior candidates, being based in Lionsgate offices in NYC or remote work is possible.
The MPG leadership team requires analysis around business questions tied to content creation, content valuation and acquisition, distribution, sales and marketing, as well as content consumers. The team members will be required to collaborate across teams and utilize internal datasets and industry data, applying modern methodological statistical techniques to drive research that will lead to actionable insights for stakeholders across MPG. Some projects may involve the demographic analysis of small sample size survey data, and extending the dataset to become a representative sample of larger populations using US Census data and other governmental sources of population characteristics.
Qualifications & Skills
• MS/MA or quantitative MS/MA in Statistics, Research Methods, and/or Demography plus 3 or more years of professional work experience
• 5 or more years of experience with statistical analysis packages such as R, SPSS, SAS, STATA
• Prior experience with reliability and validity considerations related to sampling designs, respondent recruitment methods, questionnaire design, non-response bias analysis, weighting and imputation techniques, especially for small samples
• Strong presentation and communication skills, experience presenting to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Candidates must have legal status to work in the United States without employer sponsorship as a US Citizen or a US National
Nice to Haves / Preferred But Not Required
• PhD in Statistics, Research Methods and/or Demography
• Prior experience with official statistics organizations such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics, or the US Census Bureau, or with major contractors such as ABT Associates, Nielsen, RTI International or Westat
• Prior experience with SQL
• Prior experience managing small teams and cross-functional projects
• Prior experience working within the entertainment industry
• Prior experience with Python or other languages to process unstructured datasets
• Prior experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods
• Prior experience with editing, imputation, and data integration
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Eugene
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w457-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.