Summary of Position
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant in our Accounting department.
• Analysis and contract set-up of Domestic/International television and film sales licensing agreements
• Working with Internal Audit, Sales, Legal, and Servicing departments to ensure all revenue recognition is in compliance with ASC 606 policies
• Preparing journal entries and maintaining spreadsheets
• Conducting various research projects
• Assist with month, quarter, and year end close processes
• Creating audit packages
• Other department-related duties
Experience & Skills
• Must have strong communication and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be highly organized and able to deal with a high volume of data.
• Must possess strong analytical skills with ability to problem solve.
• Excellent computer skills and a college degree are required.
Nice to Haves
• The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of accounting or related experience, but we are also open to training a new graduate with a degree in Accounting who is an eager and fast-learner.
• Experience with SAP accounting system a plus.
• Experience in public accounting a plus.
• Experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb100e-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.