Sr. Software Developer
Summary of Position
As a Senior Development Manager, you will lead a team development and test engineers, building consumer video applications for connected TVs, consoles, and set-top boxes. You will work closely with product and UX teams as well as device partners to ensure STARZ applications deliver a world class user experience for STARZ customers. Platforms managed by the Web TV team include Samsung Smart TVs, LG Web OS, Xbox, Chromecast and on other web-enabled set top boxes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure team is appropriately staffed to deliver against product feature roadmap and other key technology goals
• Lead team in all phases of the software development lifecycle, delivering quality releases across the Web TV device ecosystem
• Work with technology device partners to ensure certification requirements are met for STARZ web tv applications
• Collaborate with product owners to prioritize defect and technical debt alongside product roadmap backlog
• Evolve application monitoring capabilities across all Web TV applications and regions
• Actively work with Scrum team to remove impediments to sprint objectives
Experience & Skills
• 10+ years experience on a development team as both an engineer and manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred
• Comfortable leading development teams within an Agile Scrum methodology
• Current knowledge of modern web development frameworks and architectures
• Solid understanding of scalable web application architectures in AWS
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Experience developing consumer facing user interfaces and supporting UI controls/components
Travel & Proximity Requirements
An Ideal candidate is located in the Denver-Metro area and is capable of being based in Englewood, Colorado.
• Employees working in the Englewood offices are eligible to participate in our telework program, working from home two days a week
• Employees working in the Englewood offices may be asked to travel 1-2 times per year for training or to attend industry conferences
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$161,800 – $199,000
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.