Summary of Position
Reporting to the Head of Workplace Innovation, Data Strategy & Innovation, as a Communications Specialist you will support the Motion Picture Group's culture initiatives and transformation programs. You will work with a team of change catalysts to supporting communications and engagement efforts to ensure a clear and consistent employee experience that promotes MPG's shared values, as well as supporting the rollout of workplace systems and tools. This role will work alongside a growing department of critical thinkers, strategists, innovators and people engineers who are solving some of the studio's biggest challenges. It is an opportunity to deliver tangible value inside the industry's largest independent motion picture studio. As a valued member of the team, you will have a chance to contribute in driving real change at a time of unprecedented industry transformation.
• Execute the MPG Communications & Engagement strategy, developing employee messaging including writing and editing MPG news articles, emails, presentations, and other communications.
• Manage content calendar for MPG internal communications as well as communication channels (i.e. SharePoint, newsletters, Teams channels.
• Create MPG Town Hall and presentation decks for executive leadership
• Create and distribute MPG's The Close-up newsletter and manage the intranet site.
• Measure effectiveness of communications by tracking benchmarks and reporting on results (ex. Views, clicks, comments, likes, shares, sentiment, employee response, etc.)
• Partner with various parts of the company to collaborate on communication initiatives, including HR, IT, Corporate Communications, etc.
• Partner on executive communication drafts for MPG.
Employee Engagement & Culture
• Partner with the MPG Culture Coalition in insight gathering and targeted programs to address employees' feedback, boost employee morale, recognition, and drive positive culture within the division
• Plan, manage, and help host employee events throughout the year including socials, New Hire Lunches, Town Halls, presentations, team-building activities, and more
• Develop mechanisms to track the success of programs and seeks methods to continually improve
• Facilitate MPG Onboarding for all new employees
• Analyze employee engagement survey results
• Develop and execute strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain top talent within the MPG
• Supporting change networks on transformation projects
Qualifications & Skills
• 1-3 years' professional experience in internal communications or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading, and editing
• Ability to distill complex content into employee-friendly messaging
• Familiarity with the Bananatag, SharePoint, MS Teams, video editing, visual design, etc – all a plus!
• Must be highly motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-pasted environment
Nice to Haves
• You are naturally interested in internal communications & employee engagement
• Graphic design background
• Experience in film or television is a strong bonus, but equivalent skills from Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, is also helpful
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships , a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins .
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award- winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d812jm-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.