Summary of Position
Content Analysis is a highly visible, cross-functional team that works closely with senior executive management across Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group (MPG). We play a critical role in how executives interpret financial analyses to make greenlight decisions on content investment, distribution, active deal negotiations, M&A and strategic equity investments, and overall MPG strategy to ensure Lionsgate's growth in a rapidly evolving media landscape. The team collaborates across key business units (such as Production & Acquisitions, Global Products & Experiences, Business & Legal Affairs, Global Sales & Distribution, and Global Marketing) to provide actionable insights on complex and exciting business opportunities across films, gaming, location-based entertainment, and new and emerging media.
The team is seeking a highly qualified and motivated candidate for the position of Senior Analyst, Content Analysis. This individual will play a vital role in facilitating the greenlight process, formulating and executing a wide range of deliverables that serve the strategic operations of the company, and will have a front row seat to help develop new ways of doing business inside the industry's largest independent motion picture studio.
We are looking for someone who excels at high-level, critical, and analytical thinking with an ability to simplify highly complex information and add meaningful context to economic profiles. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to learn the ins and outs of the motion picture business, disrupt the status quo, and find new ways to grow our business and deliver content to global audiences.
• Play an integral role within the Content Analysis team to manage the overall greenlight process for Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group
• Develop P&Ls and related financial analyses for films, games, live/stage shows, and more from inception, to greenlight, to release, to post-release
• Model and analyze talent, distribution, and equity deals while working closely with executives at all levels throughout the deal negotiation process
• Evaluation of profit/loss, NPV, and IRR for individual projects and overall business units to ensure adherence to MPG Content Strategy and alignment to target financial KPIs
• Provide ad hoc financial modeling and analyses related to strategic projects across the company; e.g., M&A due diligence, deal and organizational structuring, and business development
• Work cohesively with Financial Planning & Analysis team, especially during quarterly forecast & Annual Plan, to connect the dots on how individual content decisions impact the overall MPG P&L
• Participate in the development and management of the business plan(s) of the MPG and individual sub-segments, and seek solutions for internal business performance improvement and operating efficiencies
• Create and maintain high-level reporting for the Chair of MPG, SVP of Business Strategy & Planning, MPG Division leads, and C-Suite executives
Qualifications and Skills
• 2-4 years of relevant experience (Entertainment industry experience preferred; prior experience in investment banking, management consulting, corporate strategy, business development or strategic planning in a leading media company is a plus)
• Must have outstanding Excel and financial modeling skills, and moderate proficiency in PowerPoint/Office (experience with VBA and/or financial consolidation tools a plus)
• Intellectual curiosity, strong desire to learn, and a passion for media, entertainment, and technology
• Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and manage toward evolving deadlines
• Must possess strong leadership qualities to motivate and persuade others to accomplish organizational objectives in a unified and fluent manner
• Strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, and ability to work extended hours
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The successful candidate will have the aptitude to tackle multiple projects, problem solve, and efficiently execute deliverables and be expected to interact with and present to senior executives at all levels within the Motion Picture Group
$75,000 - $82,000
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy114-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.