Summary of Position
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Coordinator, Production Finance in our Motion Picture Production and Development department.
• Review, code, create, obtain approvals for and issue development and pre-production payments
• Maintain database of development and pre-production payments and obligations
• Create and distribute studio paid costs and support materials to production accounting group
• Generate G/L reports to analyze and reconcile development and pre-production payments
• Maintain electronic records of development and pre-production payments
• Create payment schedule breakdowns as needed
• Perform additional production related accounting functions as requested, including but not limited to: processing above- and below-the-line union payroll, creating cash flows, assisting in opening of production bank accounts
• Adhere to corporate and accounting policies and procedures
• Update and distribute weekly WGA writers' work lists
• Draft letters of guarantee
Qualifications & Skills
• Entertainment industry-specific experience required.
• Prior accounting experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Excel with willingness to increase proficiency
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles