Sr. Software Developer
Summary of Position
The Photo Production Specialist is responsible for the procurement, organization and management of digital photography and marketing assets for Starz Originals productions and utilized by various departments for distribution and promotion in multiple domestic and international media and marketing channels. The incumbent will need to operate in a fast paced, intensive production environment, maintaining large volumes of photo assets from international and domestic photography shoots and managed selected and finished content.
• Track, acquire and catalog photo assets from multiple delivery methods, including application of copyright, production and content metadata. Upload content into available digital asset management systems (DAMs). Collaborate on multiple tasks at various stages in the digital asset workflow. Work across multiple productions and projects, and large volumes of data/content while prioritizing and managing time and resources
• Monitor production and photo shoot schedules. Store and maintain photo-related show information in internal team knowledge base. Research and analyze episode scripts and one-liners from our Starz Originals Series and develop keyword lists for assigned shows to enhance the searchability and filtering of specific content needs
• Track and record talent, publicity, marketing approvals, and exclusivities. Route approved assets to multiple departments throughout the show's marketing campaign
• Track and fulfill image requests and centralize finished assets for multiple media use. Perform digital imaging duties including, resizing, and cropping, based on outlined specifications from requestors
• Interact and coordinate operational support with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Designers, Digital Artists and Photo Editors at various stages of the photo process
• Effectively utilize and support various digital asset management systems, image-editing software and metadata tagging tools to drive image asset management workflows. Engage and contribute process documentation, data analyses, and operational workflow improvements. Perform system acceptance testing as needed
• Support the Photo Operations team in other business processes during peak programming and production cycles
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree preferred; minimum of 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience. Previous background in the entertainment industry, or conventional/digital photography background a plus, with emphasis on content information retrieval
• Beginner to intermediate knowledge of using creative tools such as Adobe Bridge and Photoshop. Experience in working with image-editing and RAW conversion software, such as Capture One Pro or Adobe Lightroom and converting RAW-formatted files into processed derivatives a plus
• Previous background working with content management (CMS), digital asset management (DAM) systems, and task management/project management tools
• Ability to work independently with applied direction and minimal supervision
Nice to Haves
• Must be able to adapt to business changes and reprioritize work as needed
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Consistent demonstration of growth in skills and knowledge of practice areas
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$52,800 – $63,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.