Manager, Business & Legal Affairs - IT
Summary of Position
Skilled, hard-working, and self-motivated Paralegal will focus primarily on ascertaining and entering rights information and related data from intercompany licenses, and content acquisition agreements for third party produced and/or distributed finished content, and Starz (US) and StarzPlay (International) original productions. Paralegal position supports department Vice President (VP) and Executive Director.
• Heavy data entry into rights tracking database
• As related to such data entry, review of deal memos, intercompany licenses, and content acquisition agreements for third party produced and/or distributed finished content, and Starz (US) and StarzPlay (International) original productions
• Work closely with business, programming, materials, and finance teams to support needs of the Company in a timely and efficient manner
• Manage reporting tools including ad hoc (customized) reports as necessary
• Conduct and assist with rights inquiries, research, and audits as necessary
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Paralegal certificate or recent relevant experience in a legal environment required
• Interest and experience in entertainment industry, specifically content distribution, strongly preferred
• Ability to prioritize and maintain positive demeanor in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work closely with other team members without day-to-day direct supervision
• Must be detail oriented, disciplined, hardworking, pro-active and independent thinking
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project software applications
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$48,600 - $60,800
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk8w3-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.