Summary of Position
This position will work closely with the VP, Worldwide Television Marketing, to support the marketing, PR and awards campaigns across the full spectrum of Lionsgate series and acquisitions, internationally and domestically. This role requires a talented multi-faceted marketing professional who is a highly organized and detailed-oriented self-starter and team player with an exceptional sense of accountability. The individual must thrive in a fast moving and changing environment, with an understanding of the TV industry and strong relationship building skills.
• Roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty every day (this is first on the list for a reason)
• Build solid relationships and communication lines with internal Lionsgate divisions including our TV Development, Motion Picture, Sales Marketing Strategy, Creative, Operations, and Events teams
• Collaborate with external network partners and agencies to support campaigns, tracking key marketing, PR and awards initiatives, and helping to ensure brand consistency across promotional initiatives
• Research and write programming notes and strategic briefs to help ensure sales marketing strategy has all the information required to create b2b materials
• Maintain key series documents and create weekly communications to ensure release information and marketing updates are relayed to internal teams efficiently
• Manage awards and global festival submissions, including asset sourcing and tracking awards events and budget
• Compile and track series rave reviews and EPK capture
• Curate and deliver assets for series promotion across owned channels, including social, .com and email
• Support VP in domestic sales team projects across series and features, as needed
• Support ad hoc projects, including talent relations and events and other responsibilities, as required
Qualifications and Skills
• This position requires an extremely capable entertainment savvy individual with a proven track-record of success in marketing and project management. The right candidate is a strategic and creative problem solver who can multitask effectively, delivering assignments on time with consistent quality.
• Minimum 3-5 years of relevant industry experience an absolute must
• Experience in TV distribution marketing, PR, awards, or digital/social media a plus.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple competing priorities with obsessive attention to detail
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Expert in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
• College graduate
About the Company
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) encompasses world-class motion picture and television studio operations aligned with the STARZ premium global subscription platform to bring a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. The Company's film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and a valuable collection of iconic film and television franchises. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for audiences worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Lionsgate Television is one of the foremost third-party suppliers of premium scripted series to streaming, broadcast and cable platforms alike while also serving as a prolific supplier of premium content to Starz. Drawing upon its production partnerships with many of the top content creators, it supplies dozens of scripted series to more than 20 different network partners. With a reputation for creating ''brand-defining'' shows for a diverse range of platforms, Lionsgate Television has produced and distributed the iconic long-running series Mad Men, one of the most acclaimed shows in television history, the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Nashville, Dear White People and many others while continuing to develop strong slates of acclaimed new series. Lionsgate also operates a robust in-house unscripted television business partnering with a diverse array of linear and streaming platforms. Lionsgate television series have garnered 238 Emmy® nominations, 38 Emmys®, 66 Golden Globe® nominations and nine Golden Globe® wins.
The Lionsgate Television Group collaborates closely with the Company's other television businesses, including Debmar-Mercury, a leading producer and syndicator of evergreen game and talk shows, Pilgrim Media, one of the top producers of unscripted series, and 3 Arts Entertainment, a leading talent management and production company that has become a major television production partner and a source of top talent for all of the Company's businesses. The Lionsgate Worldwide Television Distribution Group licenses the Company's feature film and television slates, 17,000-title film and television library, one of the largest in the world, and Starz's original programming slate to nearly every major OTT and linear platform through a global network of deep customer relationships.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roj94p-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.