Summary of Position
This position will work closely with the Executive Director, Worldwide Television Marketing, supporting the International and Domestic TV Sales teams, the international and domestic distribution partners, and the Lionsgate development teams. The Marketing Manager will work on all key marketing and sales initiatives across the full spectrum of Lionsgate's TV series and acquisitions, and select films. The role will also work very closely with the PR, Creative and Events division within the Worldwide TV Marketing group. This role requires a talented multi-faceted marketing professional who is a highly organized and detailed-oriented self-starter and team player with an exceptional sense of accountability. The individual must thrive in a fast moving and changing environment, with an understanding of sales needs and B-2-B marketing requirements. In addition, this role requires a savvy understanding of social media, digital, and consumer communications. To be successful in this role, the Manager should be knowledgeable about all aspects of their assigned titles and have a strategic and creative eye.
• Roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty every day (this is first on the list for a reason)
• Build solid relationships and communication lines with internal Lionsgate divisions including TV Development, Motion Picture Group, Distribution, Business & Legal Affairs, PR, Creative, and Events teams, as well as with external partners and agencies
• Research and draft copy for sell-sheets and global and regional presentation decks
• Collaborate with the Executive Director, Marketing in creating and maintaining marketing materials to support sales team initiatives and network partner campaigns, sharing key information on content and assets
• Act as a contact point for International Sales Team, facilitating requests for marketing and sales materials
• Curate and deliver assets to support social and digital campaigns, across Lionsgate TV social pages and Lionsgate.com to ensure accurate brand representation
• Maintain essential and regular reports, summaries, grids and other documentation to track key business components, including release dates, airing schedule, ratings/performance and pertinent sales information
• Support members of the WWTV Marketing team on special projects including and not limited to research, copyediting, photo and clip sourcing, asset delivery and events
• Other responsibilities, as required
Qualifications & Skills
• This position requires an extremely capable entertainment and sales savvy individual with a proven track-record of success in marketing, social/digital, and project management. The right candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, is self-motivated AND a self-starter, tactful, a team player, detail orientated and possesses strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
• Minimum 2-3 years of relevant television/entertainment industry experience
• A deep understanding of TV marketing, social media, TV sales process, competitive landscape and digital media is required
• Strong writing and editing skills, with a clear understanding of the difference between consumer and B-2-B marketing requirements
• Ability to effectively handle multiple competing priorities with obsessive attention to detail and to interact with diverse groups
• Proficient across all social platforms; experience working within the social media space preferred
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
• College graduate
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Lionsgate Television is one of the foremost third-party suppliers of premium scripted series to streaming, broadcast and cable platforms alike while also serving as a prolific supplier of premium content to Starz. Drawing upon its production partnerships with many of the top content creators, it supplies dozens of scripted series to more than 20 different network partners. With a reputation for creating ''brand-defining'' shows for a diverse range of platforms, Lionsgate Television has produced and distributed the iconic long-running series Mad Men, one of the most acclaimed shows in television history, the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Nashville, Dear White People and many others while continuing to develop strong slates of acclaimed new series. Lionsgate also operates a robust in-house unscripted television business partnering with a diverse array of linear and streaming platforms. Lionsgate television series have garnered 238 Emmy® nominations, 38 Emmys®, 66 Golden Globe® nominations and nine Golden Globe® wins.
The Lionsgate Television Group collaborates closely with the Company's other television businesses, including Debmar-Mercury, a leading producer and syndicator of evergreen game and talk shows, Pilgrim Media, one of the top producers of unscripted series, and 3 Arts Entertainment, a leading talent management and production company that has become a major television production partner and a source of top talent for all of the Company's businesses. The Lionsgate Worldwide Television Distribution Group licenses the Company's feature film and television slates, 17,000-title film and television library, one of the largest in the world, and Starz's original programming slate to nearly every major OTT and linear platform through a global network of deep customer relationships.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzn60n-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.