Senior Director, Compensation
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Lionsgate is currently seeking a Manager, TV Finance to join the Television Group's Strategy & Operations team. This role will manage efforts centered around forecasting, tracking the performance of the Lionsgate TV business, and supporting development initiatives.
• Provide financial support for the television segment (including quarterly resets, annual budget updates, and long-range planning)
• Partner with the SVP on the greenlighting of new series and evaluation of potential new deals/ventures
• Track and manage financial ultimates of television slate
• Work cross-functionally across the finance, production business affairs and development teams
• Prepare materials to be presented to both management and Lionsgate's Board of Directors
• Develop comprehensive financial models and valuation analyses
Qualifications and Skills
• BS/BA in relevant field of study preferred
• 2-3 years' experience working in a finance role
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Strong research and analytical skills and comfort with complex numerical analysis
• Strong interpersonal and financial skills
• Studio and/or media experience preferred
• No media and/or entertainment industry experience are necessary; however, the ideal candidate will be highly motivated to pursue a career in business/finance in the media and entertainment industry. The ideal candidate will also be a self-starter and have a strong work ethic
Business Unit Overview
Lionsgate Television is one of the foremost third-party suppliers of premium scripted series to streaming, broadcast and cable platforms alike while also serving as a prolific supplier of premium content to Starz. Drawing upon its production partnerships with many of the top content creators, it supplies dozens of scripted series to more than 20 different network partners. With a reputation for creating ''brand-defining'' shows for a diverse range of platforms, Lionsgate Television has produced and distributed the iconic long-running series Mad Men, one of the most acclaimed shows in television history, the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Nashville, Dear White People and many others while continuing to develop strong slates of acclaimed new series. Lionsgate also operates a robust in-house unscripted television business partnering with a diverse array of linear and streaming platforms. Lionsgate television series have garnered 238 Emmy® nominations, 38 Emmys®, 66 Golden Globe® nominations and nine Golden Globe® wins.
The Lionsgate Television Group collaborates closely with the Company's other television businesses, including Debmar-Mercury, a leading producer and syndicator of evergreen game and talk shows, Pilgrim Media, one of the top producers of unscripted series, and 3 Arts Entertainment, a leading talent management and production company that has become a major television production partner and a source of top talent for all of the Company's businesses. The Lionsgate Worldwide Television Distribution Group licenses the Company's feature film and television slates, 17,000-title film and television library, one of the largest in the world, and Starz's original programming slate to nearly every major OTT and linear platform through a global network of deep customer relationships.
$90,000 - $100,000
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro0k24-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.