Summary of Position
The Manager directs social engagement across the lifecycle of each title, from greenlight or acquisition through all release windows including theatrical, PVOD, packaged media, and catalog. On assigned titles, the Manager develops and implements the digital and social strategy for the entire organic marketing campaign on owned socials including creative and content placement, live social media event coverage, content capture, red carpet premieres, special screenings, press coverage, junkets, talent long lead content days, events, websites, emails, digital activations, sweepstakes and all other title-based digital marketing activity. The Manager provides daily agency supervision on social media campaigns for assigned titles including creative content production, copywriting, ancillary assets sourcing, content calendar development, audience engagement innovations, and overall digital campaign collaboration with title-based Lionsgate cross-functional teams. The Manager also directs influencers and content creators both directly and through 3rd party agencies for promotional content in support of assigned titles.
• Communicate social strategy, campaign voice, and platform strategy through each title's Marketing Brief
• Advise on, communicate and implement best social media practices. Evolve tactics throughout each campaign as new data emerges
• Vet, select and manage Influencer & Social Agencies for title-specific campaigns
• Monitor the general film, entertainment, and cultural landscape as it pertains to social media; including working across Analytics and Strategy to provide relevant reporting and updates
• Work in tandem with Publicity teams as it pertains to debuts, announcements (i.e. new film/casting announcements, etc.), appearances, and press coverage
• General platform management duties including community management, social listening, etc.
• Assist in directing internal resources and third party agencies as needed on design and development of websites, digital activations and display media such as roadblocks and takeovers
• A secondary point of contact for IP or content leaks on socials; responsible for communicating with Agencies, Anti-Piracy Teams, and Platform reps for flagging / takedown
Title Specific Responsibilities
• Lead in developing overall owned and organic social strategies for each title comprising of:
• Creative & Evergreen Content Messaging
• Fan & Community Outreach
• Influencer Activations & Earned Media Opportunities
• Talent / Filmmaker Social Strategy & Fulfillment
• Work in partnership with Creative and Media teams in developing and executing paid social strategies
• Strategize, build, manage & execute weekly organic social calendars created in collaboration with Strategy, Creative, Media & Publicity
• Create social media posting guidelines and recommendations specific to Talent/Filmmakers for actively shooting on-set productions
• Manage day-to-day relationships with Social Media Agency as it pertains to platform management and execution of the social calendar
• Moderate daily Community Management in tandem with Agency
• Capitalize on real-time trends and fan activity; including requesting Creative, creating low-lift content, and/or copy
• In conjunction with Publicity, communicate special social content concept & requests to Talent reps and teams
• Act as the main point of contact in major asset launches including trailer launches, featurettes, clips, etc. as it pertains to title specific social pages including -
• Providing Publicity with assets, posting instructions, and direct contact information for Talent/Filmmakers in case of any issues or questions
• Work closely with Publicity Talent teams in creating talent social calendars, and act as a liaison directly with Reps and/or Talent for all social asset needs
• Identify and devise a targeting strategy for social media Influencers & Creators to activate specific to each event, opportunity, or activation (i.e. set visits, junkets, premieres, mailers, etc.)
• Plan and execute social coverage and content capture of special events (i.e. set visits, junkets, premieres, Q&As, etc.)
• Work with Publicity to ideate and script content concepts to be executed with Talent / Filmmakers on long lead days, in-production and junket asks
• Point of contact for all platforms as it pertains to social Talent/Filmmaker takeovers. (i.e. Instagram Lives, Twitter Takeovers, Reddit AMAs)
• Work closely with specialty Publicity / Digital Agencies to develop highly targeted, audience-specific evergreen Talent & Organic social content
• The primary point of contact for social information pertaining to presentations/decks/recaps (i.e. Filmmaker Presentations, etc.)
• Achieve timely digital campaign workflow, asset delivery, and deadlines for all owned channels
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1bk0-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.