Sr. Data Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
The Manager of Data Strategy, Product & Platform will play a critical role in how Motion Picture Group executives interpret and use data to make decisions in how LIONSGATE's movies are made, marketed and distributed.
This role will work in the Data Strategy, Products & Platforms team where they will implement the data strategy for the Motion Picture Group, as well as help solve business challenges by leveraging platforms or tools to increase access to data or intelligence, efficiency in the workplace, or collaboration between teams
This is an opportunity to deliver tangible value inside the industry's largest independent motion picture studio. And as a valued member of the team, you will have a chance to contribute in driving real change at a time of unprecedented industry transformation.
• Implement data architecture, policies, and practices guided by a single Motion Picture Group data strategy.
One that focuses on ensuring data quality, interoperability and safeguards access to data usage, as well as protection and governance of information assets. Help ensure that proper audit controls and data quality monitoring are in place and that necessary improvements are made across all business units
• Manage the research, evaluation, selection, and implementation of licensed tools and platforms that improve Lionsgate's ability to store, analyze, visualize and use data across the Motion Pictures Group's verticals
• Manage the setup, rollout, and training of workplace tools within the company to drive better efficiency, communication, and collaboration
• Create and define the project scope, and build actionable plans with work streams, milestones, and measurable success criteria for product selection and updates
• Integrate usability studies, external and internal research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
• Perform time & financial analyses, if needed, to support rationale for proposed feature or new licensed product
• Ensure data and tech centered tools and platforms at the company are set up strategically to benefit all verticals and implement a data governance policy in collaboration with the business verticals
• Manage the setup, onboarding, training, and successful launch of tools across the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group. Ensure migration and usage of new tools and platforms. Ascertain feedback from business users to push for continued updates and improvements to platforms
• Coordinate analytics, alongside marketing/business intelligence, to establish metrics, set targets, and drive product improvements to achieve targets
Qualifications and Skills
• 3-5 years of experience in product management or similar field working with data tech, ad tech, or marketing tech
• Able to use quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate vendors and tools in the marketplace to make decisions
• Hands-on familiarity with tech and marketing platforms: data management and analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe), project management tools (e.g. Asana, Monday, JIRA), Digital Asset Management tools, etc.
• Strong project management skills, organizational abilities, and analytical and problem-solving proficiencies
• A successful communicator (written and verbal) across a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
Nice to Haves
• Experience building or implementing products or tools for use in B2B or B2C companies
• Experience in Agile/Scrum environments or in teams using a lot of technology centered tools
• Familiarity with Consumer Data Privacy laws, such as CCPA and GDPR
• An interest in movies or entertainment
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.